Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday - Another Gorgeous, Sunny Day in Bethany Beach!

Lanie's girls were up and about around 6:30, so they had eaten breakfast before any of us appeared.  They are staying in Lanie's room instead of sleeping with Bria and Cali, since their rise times are definitely not the same.

Ken was up a little after 6 and I started my exercises around 7.  We heard the rest of the group in the kitchen at 8, so we joined them.  We had a great time just chatting while everyone got their breakfast.  I sat at the kitchen table "catching up" on my blog.  

We all got ready to head to the beach and by 10:30 we were on our way.  It was a perfect beach day!  Again the 4 girls were so excited to start jumping and playing in the waves.  Soon after we got there all of us were in the water having a blast!  Every once in a while there were some really strong waves and of course, Grandma went under 2X's and did several somersaults in the process!  I wish you could have seen the faces of my family when I finally reappeared!  It was priceless.  The granddaughters were so concerned for me.  Actually the wave had been strong enough to put Dane under too!  The rest of the group was a bit further out and were able to jump over it.  Eventually I was "plowed" under another time and Ken decided (and the rest of the family) that it was probably time for Grandma to sit on the chair and watch for a bit.  I really came up laughing both times, but wasn't sure if I would be facing the beach or the ocean when I saw daylight again!  Fortunately, my back was fine but my hip did feel a little stiff!  I will probably be sore tomorrow!


The 4 young mermaids!
 


Waiting for the perfect wave!

Got them!



All of us walked to The Big Chill, a nice restaurant up on a deck overlooking the ocean right at the beach.  Their food was very good and most of their tables are shaded.  We walked back to our beach area and they had changed the flags from green to yellow and you could see that the surf was a bit more rough.  The girls definitely wanted to do more wave fun, so everyone went in but me, as per the family's request.  They weren't out very long before Ken, Lanie, and Katelyn went under from the power of a big wave.  Dane came to Lanie and Katelyn's rescue (it really wasn't that bad, but we wanted him to be the hero!), when Lanie dropped into a "ditch" like area and Dane was able to grab Katelyn.  It was decided that the surf was now too rough and by 3 we were on our way back to the condo for showers.  All of us had lots of sand and salt in our suits.  I literally got about 1 cup of sand out of the top of my suit!  It was crazy.

I worked on this blog and Ken took a short rest!  I headed to the kitchen to chat with Lanie and Jamie who were making a store list for dinners for the rest of the week.  They went to the grocery store while I did my devotions and more work on the blog.

Ken and I had salads for dinner (still full from lunch) and the rest of the group grilled chicken thighs, grilled zucchini, roasted brussel sprouts, and leftover corn.  It was a great evening to eat outside.  After clean-up, the girls played outside, riding long boards and riding bike.  Katelyn went to bed early and the 3 other girls around 9:15.  The adults played Up the River and Ken was the champ!  It was a fun time!

Long boarding time!



We all went to bed around 11 after a great family day!


No comments:

Post a Comment