Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday - Hot Sunny Day, But Not As Humid!

Ken and I did our morning routines and then he left at 7:30 to have breakfast with Gary.  He returned around 9:15 and left almost immediately for a haircut here in Lititz.  

I was on my way to Masonic Village by 9:20 to pick up my mother and take her to the grocery store before going to her eye Dr. appointment.  All went well, so I picked up sandwiches at Subway for Mom, Dad, and I, drinks too, and we were back at Masonic by 12:30.  We put the groceries away and then Dad joined us to eat lunch and Ken arrived at about the same time.

We spent the afternoon playing 4 games of Pinochle and it was a terrible day for Mom and me.  We were dealt awful hands and the men won all 4 games!  So frustrating for ladies who like to be victorious!

Ken and I were back home by 5 and immediately put up my craft canopy.  In less than 24 hours of posting it For Sale, we had a buyer and he arrived to pick it up before we had it completely displayed.  He said we could stop setting it up because it looked great and he was happy to buy it - hallelujah!  He also took the weights and I sold him one of my folding tables, since his wife is also a crafter.  Amazing how quickly it was out of here!!!!

We had salads and leftover meat for dinner and then played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot - the 1st X we have done that for awhile.  We each won a round and Ken is ahead by about 400 points.  I think I can "take him"!

Got a call from Doloris and she was happy to tell me that Fred's health scare several days ago appears to be an infection.  What a relief for them and we were so happy to hear the good news.  The 4 of us are looking forward to camping together in Avalon, NJ in about 1 1/2 weeks!

By 8:45 I was in bed to do my devotions (no time earlier today) and to read.  It was lights out around 9:45!


No comments:

Post a Comment