Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday - Extremely Hot and Very Humid!

Ken was up by 6:15 and prepared and sent his daily devotionals to several of his buddies.  I only rose at 7:15 and we watched the news.  We decided to go for about a 2 mile walk before breakfast and hoped to beat the heat.  But, it was already rather warm and humid!

Upon our return, we ate breakfast and then got ready for the day.  We left at 10:20 to deliver the Lititz Route for Meals on Wheels.  It is a short route mileage wise, but we delivered 19 meals and that is a lot.  That is the route we are most familiar with and so we are learning to know several of the people.

We were back home by noon and I decided to try to scrub the linoleum in our bathroom.  Why do they put those "grooves" in the flooring which allows all the dirt to collect in those "dimples"?  What a mess!  I read on line that Scrubbing Bubbles are a good thing to use to clean it and I must say it worked pretty well, but you really have to scrub!  

We ate lunch and I decided it was time to start cleaning the apartment.  So, I dusted all the rooms except the bath and office, which I will do tomorrow.  Ken was busy at his desk and making some necessary phone calls before leaving for his 2:30 dentist appointment to get a filling in a cracked molar.  He also stopped at Gary and Marcia's to give them some extra pieces for the Kubb game that we found at Jackie and Dan's.  She had mentioned at the Kubb Tournament that some of their pieces should be replaced, so we were happy to donate them!  He also stopped at one of the roadside stands for peaches and brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers - what a guy!

He had a long phone conversation with Ernie and they had a lot of fun chatting!  I talked to Doloris and it was nice to chat with her again too.

Ken left at 6 to go to Celebrate Recovery, picking up two of buddies that go also.  I watched the news while eating leftovers from last night, worked on this blog, and then did my devotions.

Did some x-stitch and crocheting while watching America's Got Talent!  Really enjoyed the wonderful talent on tonight's show!  I can't imagine who will be leaving!  Ken was home by 9:50 and was able to what the last act - what a story!  We were in bed by 10:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment