Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thursday - Another Off and On Cloudy Day!

Ken had gotten up fairly early to do his morning routine.  I woke at 6:45 and joined him to watch the morning news.  He did some work at his desk while I did my stretches and exercises.  We decided to eat breakfast and then went for our 1 mile walk to downtown Lititz.  I wore my back support again, but today was tougher than yesterday.  I really wasn't very comfortable.

It was shower time when we returned and then Ken spent time making reservations for our northeast camping trip.  I did my devotions and then had a great phone chat with Joyce, our friends who moved to Florida.  She asked about my back and was such a good listener regarding my frustrations and ongoing pain.  She really is such a special friend.  I did a little playing on my tablet while finishing 2 loads of wash.

Ken and I ate lunch and were on our way to visit Mom and Dad by noon.  We spent the afternoon playing Pinochle and though we played from 1:30 to 4:30, we only completed 3 games.  None of us had very good hands most of the day, but the women won 2 of 3 - YES!

Ken and I decided to stop at Moe's Southwestern for dinner on our way home for their delicious "bowls".  Both of us brought half of ours home to eat tomorrow night!  We watched the evening news and Jeopardy!  Then it was time to start a game of Hand and Foot!   We only played 2 rounds but I am ahead by about 1600 points - YES!

Ken did some reading and studying at his desk while I started another premie afghan.  By 9:30 it was time to call it a day!  It was another good one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment