Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday - Sunny, but Very Hot and Humid!

Ken did his morning routine early and I did my stretches and exercises around 6:45.  We watched the news and then it was time for breakfast and the reading the newspaper.

Ken was asked if he could help today at MCC and was happy to have another time to volunteer.  He worked there from 8:30 till noon.

While he was gone I got ready for the day and then went to AC Moore and Michael's before getting some needed groceries and medication at Costco.  I only returned at 12:30.  We ate lunch, did some chatting, and then I did my devotions, downloaded photos, and worked on the blog.

Cindy and John returned from their 3 week trip in the New England states yesterday, so I chatted with her.  They had a wonderful time doing a lot of touring and sightseeing.  I also talked to my mother who is feeling bad again today.  Fortunately the Dr. did come to see her after they had taken a chest x-ray and her lungs are clear.  They will do some blood work tomorrow but the Dr. feels she has chronic viral bronchitis.  I think she is better already just feeling relieved from the x-ray and the Dr. visit.

At 4:30 we drove over to Polly's to pick up a few items we were storing in her basement.  She had our craft canopy and weights, a PA snow shovel, a FL "snow shovel", and our corn hole game.  We will try to sell the canopy and weights as well as the corn hole game.

We had salads, corn on cob and grilled salmon and steak for dinner, leaving around 6 to go to see Cindy and John.  They said they had room in their basement to store the 4 or 5 bins we have, mostly with Christmas decorations.

We had a fun evening visiting with them and chatting.  We were so busy catching up on life that we didn't even play cards.  Imagine that!!  We were home a little after 10 and it was off to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment