Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday - Cloudy with Rain and Only in the 70's!

So nice to wake to cooler temperatures and lower humidity!  We were up by 5:15 and we did our morning routines, except I didn't have time to do my devotions.  I left at 6:20 to meet my Curvette ladies in Ephrata for breakfast.  What a fun time.  

Polly brought a "quiz" regarding nursery rhymes and she said if we got all the answers correct she would buy all of our breakfasts!  Obviously we really worked hard and together to be "winners"!  We had one answer that we weren't sure about and had to come back to it at the end but BINGO, we got it right.  So much fun and she so graciously paid all of our meals!  She is one amazing lady!

We left the restaurant around 8:15 and I had numerous errands to "run"!  I returned home at 10:15 and Ken had done a lot of reading and studying and also taken a long walk before the rain arrived.  We did some chatting, made some phone calls, and then I worked on this blog.

A repairman came to check out our washer and dryer.  The dryer needed a new dial, but the washer definitely needs to be replaced.  When on the spin cycle it sounds like an airplane taking off - it is so loud.  He said it will just get worse and eventually leak.  Donna, who rents below us, will be so happy when it gets replaced.  She felt like she needed to take "cover" whenever it when into the spin mode!

After lunch, it began to rain and it really came down for about 4 hours.  I believe we had about 4 inches or more, but in Mt. Joy, about 7 miles away and where my sister lives, they had 10.5 inches in about 3 to 4 hours.  The flooding of roads, homes, and cars in that area was amazing.  Cindy and John had a few puddles of water in their basement, but nothing major.  So many cars were stranded and even Amtrak trains in Elizabethtown could not get through the water in that area.

I spent time finishing my cleaning and Ken did some reading and studying, plus work at his desk.  After dinner, we finished the last 2 rounds of Hand and Foot and I dislike reporting that Ken won!  Not sure how that happened!

Ken caught up on his e-mails and I crocheted while watching America Ninja Warrior which we had not seen on Monday.  We were in bed by 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment