Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday - Another Very Hot, Humid Day!

Well, this is another day where the temperatures are in the 90's but feel like over 100!  Crazy for this time of year!  

Ken was up around 4 because someone in the bed next to him was making some loud noises - I wonder who that could be?????  He did some reading and then was able to get a little more sleep on the couch.  I did my stretches in bed at 6:45 and finished the exercises while watching the Morning News.

We decided to take our normal downtown walk, again trying to beat the really hot part of the day!  Back to eat breakfast and get ready for my 10:00 appointment at the Pain Management Office.  Ken and I were both very impressed with the nurses and the very cordial and thorough Dr.  He feels that an injection in my back could be beneficial for my back, hip, and leg pain, so I have an appointment next Thursday for that procedure.  If this doesn't help my hip pain than we will know that it is a separate issue due to some arthritis.  I am cautiously optimistic that it will improve all these areas, but time will tell.

We were back home by 11:15 and decided to put up my craft canopy so we could take pictures of it and could post it For Sale on Craigslist.  What a hot job, but we got it accomplished.  I immediately came inside and posted it with several photos.  I am not planning to do any more outside craft shows (probably not any at all, but we will see!), so it is not something that we have room to store - it needs to go!  If you or anyone you know is looking for a strong 10 x 10 standard craft canopy in excellent condition, please let me know.  We are asking $75.00 and had paid $200.00 for it at Costco.







I also worked on my blog and then Ken and I had lunch.  I spent time downloading lots of photos to the Costco photo center and it took quite awhile to go through the many photos we have taken this year.  I also downloaded some books from the Ephrata Library onto my tablet!

Ken and I worked together to make salads for tonight and tomorrow night and then he grilled salmon and chicken and we had an early dinner, eating at 5.  Ken left at 5:30 to go to Ephrata Church of the Brethren to hear Dean Sensenig speak regarding his 30 day meditation "seminar" he attended.  I worked on some crafting projects - card holders and crocheting.  

I also sent an e-mail to the Althouse clan t give them additional information for the gathering we are having at Masonic Village on Monday to celebrate Mom and Dad's 70th wedding anniversary.  The actual date is September 11, but this is a date that worked for all members of our families.

Ken was home by 8 and we watched the eliminations on America's Got Talent.  I was very pleased with the results.

It was bedtime at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment