Friday, August 3, 2018

Friday - Getting Ready for our Family Vacation!

Ken and I were up by 5:30 and by 6:30 I was on my way to Ephrata to have breakfast with my Curvette ladies!  Ken was busy doing his devotions and some additional work for his Step Study!  I had such a fun time with my friends that included lots of laughter!

I did some errands following breakfast and stopped at Jamie's to pick tomatoes that ripened since they left last Saturday.  Then I drove to New Holland to take some thank you gifts to Ken's sister, Priscilla, because of the wonderful time we had with her and Dwane on Wednesday evening.  Fortunately she was at home and we had a great 45 minute visit!

I was back home by 11 and Ken and I decided to go to Costco to get the items we needed for our week at the beach.  Just when we were ready to go out the door, Polly called from Meals on Wheels.  Normally they start delivering the food at 10:30, but it was 11:15 and no driver showed up for the Lititz route - emergency!  Ken and I said we would head there right away and would be happy to help.  So, the people got their food a little late, but they were glad to see us.

We went right to Costco, had lunch there, and were back home by 2:30.  Then it was time to begin packing and loading for our family trip to Bethany Beach.  I packed a lot of things while Ken did all the loading.  We finished all we could do for today by 5.  We had our leftover "Mexican Bowl" with some added fresh corn and a bit of chicken from Costco - delicious!

We did a bit more preparation for tomorrow's departure, played a few rounds of Hand and Foot and were in bed by 9:30.  We had some extremely heavy rain off and on starting around 4:00.  It positively poured during the night so much that our phones sent a signal about flash flooding!  The amount of rain we had was amazing!

Looking forward to being with the family for a week starting tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment