Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wednesday - Off and On Sunny Day and in the 80's!

We both did our normal morning routines before having breakfast.  Ken left at 8 for his volunteer work at MCC.  I did a little bit of packing for our family beach trip because we are leaving on Saturday.  I decided to go for a walk to the downtown area wearing my velcro back support the orthopedic surgeon had given me.  It did make me walk straighter and probably with a little less discomfort, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

It was time to take a shower when I returned, do devotions, and have a nice long chat with my sister.  She was calling from their motorhome as they were enroute to Virginia Beach after spending 5 nights at Chesapeake Campground where they played a lot of pickleball.  It had been quite awhile since we chatted, so we had a good time.

I spent some time in my craft area preparing to make some more greeting cards.  When Ken got home we had lunch and then he went for a walk while I made a few cards.  He did some reading while I worked on this blog and did some counted x-stitch.

We left at 4:30 to meet Ken's sister, Priscilla, and her husband, Dwane, for dinner at Funck's in Leola.  The weather looked a bit threatening, but we decided to try eating on the restaurant patio anyway!  It was the right choice, because we had no rain while we ate and it really was a pleasant evening!  

We all went back to their home in New Holland to do more "catching up" and to play one game of Hause.  Just the 4 of us had not been together since last September and we had no trouble "starting where we had left off"!  The men won the card game but it was an easy defeat to handle when Priscilla treated us to a delicious fresh blueberry/peach crisp with vanilla ice cream.  It was the perfect evening with such special people and we had a great place to visit and play cards - their screened in porch.  We only left there around 10:15, past Ken and my bedtime!  We were having to much fun to leave any earlier!

It was right to bed when we got home, but what a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment