Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wednesday - Sunny, Hot, Humid Day!

Ken was up early (as usual) and did his morning routine.  I did my exercises and stretches and appeared around 7:30.  After eating his breakfast, Ken was on his way to his volunteer job at MCC.

I got ready for the day, ate breakfast, and then had an hour long phone chat with Noela.  It was so great to "catch up" on life!  After hanging up with her, I chatted with Joyce for an hour and I so appreciated our phone conversation as well.  We miss these folks!  By then it was 11:30 so I did some clean-up and started another card holder.  

Ken was home by 12:45 and brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers - what a guy!  We talked about our days and then had lunch.  We drove together to Ephrata to pick-up Wilbur, stopping to fill the propane tank and then to get gas.  We dropped him off at a garage near our house for an oil change, lube job, and inspection only arriving back home at 4:30.  

I continued working on some craft projects and then husked some corn for dinner.  Ken grilled chicken and after cleaning up, we walked downtown where they had blocked off about 4 blocks of the main street for a car show.  We enjoyed meeting up with one of Ken's cousin and his wife and then Jim, who had graduated with us from high school and had his car on display.  Nice to talk to all of them.  

We got back home at 8:30 and I finished my card holder while watching America's Got Talent and the 1st hour of World of Dance.  We were in bed by 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment