Friday, June 9, 2017

2 Gorgeous Days and We Are In Wilbur Again!

Let another camping adventure begin!!!

Ken and I were up early on Thursday and at the dentist by 8 AM.  The office was able to get us both in at the same time for our cleaning appointment.  After perfect check-ups, we were back at the house by 9:15.  We did a few last minute things and then were on our way to Hershey Preserve CG by 10.  I just followed him there since it is only about a 30 minute drive.

Searched for a little bit to find the right site (the three we really prefer were occupied)  and were set-up rather quickly.  The site we chose is nicely shaded and we will probably be very happy for that since it is supposed to get in the 90's on Monday and Tuesday.  

Cindy and John stopped by to say hi on their way out of the CG.  They are here for another week, so we will share some good times.  Ken and I ate lunch outside and then visited with my parents for some intense games of Pinochle from 1 to 4:30.  It was definitely the men's day for they won 3 of the 4 games.  

We made chicken wraps for dinner, cleaned up, and then John and Cindy were here from 7:15 to 10:30 playing games.  The men won Skip-Bo and then we played Wizard which Cindy won.  We had the Hockey Game on in the background and what a game for Pittsburgh.  They certainly dominated!!!!

Friday was another gorgeous day with temperatures in the low 80's and plenty of sunshine.  Both of us had a rather restless night, but Ken was up early.  We made an egg breakfast and then headed to the pickleball courts where we had some fun games from 9:15 to 11:45.  We knew all of the players for we had met all of them before when we were camping here.  So good to see them again.  
We ate out lunch outside and then both decided we needed to take a nap - it felt great. After naps, we chatted outside and then I put on my SAS and we went for a walk around the CG stopping to talk with Nancy Savage.  She and Neil are camping here for another week, so I am sure we will have a chance to talk with them again.  Back to Wilbur to shower and have a nice chat with Lanie.

Cindy and John picked us up at 5:40 to have dinner at the Quentin Tavern, about 20 minutes from the CG.  Paul and Vickie, camping friends of Cindy and John, met us there and we were so glad we had the opportunity to meet them. Very nice people who then invited back to their house for dessert and to see the new Allegro Motorhome they had bought in October.  What a great coach!  It was such a fun evening.

Back to Wilbur by 10:30 and we went right to bed.  We are so happy to be camping again!

No comments:

Post a Comment