Friday, June 30, 2017

Thursday and Friday - Hot and Humid!

I took Ken to Gus's Restaurant at 8 to meet Gary for breakfast.  I had an 8:20 appt. with my urologist about 10 minutes away.  Dr. del Terzo just wanted to have a consultation and discuss the results of my recent oncology urinalysis.  I was thrilled that the results were good but he would still like to do a cystoscopy about every year so I will have an appointment in November before we head to Florida!

Ken walked from the restaurant to Jamie's (about a mile+) and I drove there to meet them.  Jamie, Bria, Cali, Ken and I walked to the Ephrata Community Pool (about 1/4 mile) to the girl's swim team practice.  While they practiced, Jamie, Ken and I, along with their dog, Samson, took a longer walk.

Ken I left there and went to Wal-Mart for some groceries.  I did a little more cleaning, we had lunch on our deck, and then spent from 1 to 4:45 at Masonic Village playing Pinochle with my mom and dad.  It was another victorious day for the men.  They won 3 of our 4 games - frustrating for us ladies!!!!

We stopped at Subway for a quick sandwich and then drove to Lancaster Country Club to watch the Ephrata Tidal Waves win the swim meet.  Again, Bria and Cali had an awesome meet.  We got home at 8:45 and believe it or not, I put on my SAS and Ken and I went for a 45 minute walk.  It was a gorgeous evening, but rather warm.  Showers were needed when we returned.

Got to bed around 10:15. 

Today, Friday, we were both up early and Ken drove me to Ephrata to meet my Curvette friends for breakfast.  He went back home and then our friends Jackie and Dan picked me up at the restaurant and we went to the Lion's club Park near Rothsville.  Ken met us there and the 4 of us enjoyed a fun time playing pickleball.  We are looking forward to spending more time this summer playing this great game.  It brought back lots of memories of when the 4 of us used to get together years ago and play tennis.

We were home by 10 and I started doing my 3 loads of wash.  I put on my SAS and we went for a walk, stopping at Cafe Chocolate for a strawberry freeze and a lemon/poppyseed scone.  Today it was exactly 3 years since Ken retired so we thought we would have a little celebration!  We were able to sit at a sidewalk table in downtown Lititz while enjoying our treat!  We are the last of the big spenders!!!

I continued my wash, we ate lunch, and by 12:45 we were at Costco to do some shopping and for my appointment with Dr. George, the eye DR. to get my check for glaucoma - no problem.

Back home to finish the washing (yes, it is finally done!) and Ken dropped off some unwanted things at Matthew 25, a thrift store here in Lititz.  We both took a brief nap and then Ken made us salads for dinner while I cut-up a watermelon and pineapple.  Ken grilled.  After cleaning up, Ken did some reading and I worked on our blog, downloaded photos, and watched America's Got Talent.  We were in bed by 10:00.  

No comments:

Post a Comment