Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wednesday - Another Gorgeous Day!

Ken was up very early and spent more time studying and doing devotions.  I arose at 6:40 and cut-up fresh fruit for us and peppers and onions for our omelettes.  We both watched the beginning of the morning news.

I put on my SAS and left for my walk around 7:30.  It was a great morning for a walk around the downtown area but I am still a bit uncomfortable with my hip and back.  Not terrible, but not as comfortable as I had hoped.  I guess I just need to be patient and give the whole process time!

Ken left for his job at MCC and I enjoyed my breakfast on the deck.  Showered, worked on the blog, and then I had time to do some crafting.  Messaged Joyce several times throughout the morning to see how Rick made out at his 11 AM appointment with his cardiologist.  She texted back that they were on the way to the hospital for a catherization that would take place around 1.  Wow things certainly happened quickly.  

Ken was home by 12:30 so we ate lunch on the deck and then he went for a long walk.  I continued working on sea glass pictures.  Around 1:45 we got a call from Joyce that they discovered his widow maker artery was 99.9% blocked and they could not insert a stent during the catherization.  He would need open heart surgery in the next day or 2 and would have to remain in the hospital until that time.  They are hoping to do the surgery robotically, but it may require cutting the chest open to do it depending on what else might need to be done.  What a shock to both of them.  Their house settles on Tuesday and they were supposed to leave later that day for Florida - the best laid plans!  Fortunately they are mostly packed and all of the furniture they planned to sell has been sold and picked up by the buyers.  

Ken and I decided to drive to the Reading Hospital just to give them moral support and pray with them.  I am so glad we chose to do that!  They are still in a bit of shock but handling the whole situation very well.   We will go to their home on Saturday along with others and load up all of their things that will be going to Florida and taking them to Joyce's niece to store in her garage until they are able to leave.

Ken and I stopped at Subway for dinner and were home by 6:45.  I spent the evening crafting and Ken had a hour chat with Ernie in Canada.  They must have had a lot to talk about.  I sent messages to our Life Group to keep them updated and had a nice conversation with Deb, another member of our Group.

I worked on the blog, downloaded some photos, and the 2 of us were in bed by 10:00.  What an unexpected turn of events today, especially for Rick and Joyce!

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment