Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Tuesday and Wednesday Were Gorgeous Weather Days!

Ken and I went for a walk and it was a positively gorgeous morning!  It went fairly well in my SAS.  When we returned we made omelettes and had delicious bowls of fresh fruit.  It was the perfect morning to eat on the deck.  

Ken went to work at his desk while I made of batch of healthy oat bran muffins! After cleaning up the kitchen I had a chat with John, my brother-in-law, about pickleball and then a long phone conversation with my good friend, Jackie, about doing some events together over the 4th of July.  We look forward to spending more time with them!

Ken left to have lunch with his former real estate partner, Kevin.  I went through some of my closet and then had fun trying to balance my business checkbook. When Ken returned he took a short nap (he gets up soooo early) and then he grilled and I made salads for dinner.  Went to Bria and Cali's swim meet and got to enjoy watching them having some amazing times in their heats!  We were home by 9 and watched America's Got Talent.  We did get a text from Joyce and Rick today.  Their house settled and Rick is feeling great!  Hallelujah!

Wednesday I made another cooked breakfast before Ken left for his volunteer work at MCC from 8:30 to 12. 

The welcoming sign at the Resource Center
of the Mennonite Central Committee!

A list of recent shipments from the Resource
Center to places around the world!

Brian Snader who has worked at
the Resource Center for 6 1/2 years.
Brian, his wife, and 2 children will
be leaving for Kenya for a 3 year
service term with MCC.

One of the guiding principles from
Matthew 25!

 Somehow my morning "flew" - cleaned up the kitchen, made a couple sea glass pictures, talked to Cindy, and then talked to Diane Weaver, a lady I knew from working at Green Dragon years ago.  She also brought the SAS and we wanted to "compare notes" on how the suit is working for us, concerns, and expectations.  I really appreciated our phone conversation.  We plan to keep in touch!

Ken was home by 12:45 and we ate lunch on the deck.  After taking a 45 minute walk Ken took the CRV for an oil change.  While he was gone Cindy and John stopped by and then the 4 of us had a nice time visiting.  They left around 6 and I had a phone call from Jamie.  Cali is struggling with her OCD and Jamie is always her "go to person"!  The thoughts that go through Cali's head and then her expressing them to Jamie is so hard on both of them and also for Bria. Jamie and Cali had a meeting with Dr. Ruth today and they may consider some medication to help Cali.  

I cleaned most of the apartment and by 9:30 we were in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment