Friday, June 2, 2017

2 More Beautiful Days!

Thursday was another gorgeous day.  Ken was up very early, but I had a rather restless night so only up at 7:45.  I experienced some shin pain during the night, but I refuse to spend time talking about it.  It wasn't that bad and pickleball is something I really want to do.  We have been walking more recently, so maybe that is some of the cause!  We shall see!

Ken left to have breakfast with Gary, so I made my breakfast (ate on the deck) and did 2 loads of wash - rather exciting, huh??? Having warm enough weather to eat outside is very exciting after such a cool May!!!!

We spent the afternoon playing Pinochle with my parents at Masonic Village. The women won 2 games and the men won 2 making it a great day of cards!  We were home by 5 and went for a walk.  It was a beautiful evening.  I left from 6 to 8 to play pickleball outdoors.  What a change!  It was so windy and I felt like I just couldn't adjust to the wind! After about an hour the wind died down and my play definitely improved.   This was the 1st time I played with this group and I was so thrilled I got better.  At the beginning it appeared like I never played before - wow!  We were in bed by 9.

Friday was another gorgeous day with plenty of sunshine and in the upper 70's. Ken and I had a light breakfast and I left by 8:30 to spend the day shopping with my sister, Cindy.  The 2 of us rarely spend a day together and I was really looking forward to it.  I went to several stores before I met up with her at 9:30. 

We spent about 2 1/2 hours trying on clothing at Old Navy - what fun!  From there we went to Home Goods and then to Boscov's to try our "luck" at finding bathing suits, my least favorite thing to shop for!  Having scoliosis and being really "crooked" makes finding a decent fitting bathing suit a real challenge. Most of them are too form fitting and the backs too low.  Fortunately I found 2 the same style  (but different colors) that I think work well.  I tried on many, many suits before finding these 2, but we had a lot of fun!  I only got back home around 6 and Ken had wondered if I would be home in time for lunch - Really????  

Ken didn't have a car today, so he spent a lot of time reading and preparing for his Next Step class.  He also took a long walk.  We watched the news and then went for a nice walk.  It was a beautiful evening!  

Talked to Joyce and they are having a big garage sale again tomorrow and asked if we could help.  Of course!  So we went to bed by 9:30 so we could get up early and be to their house, about 40 minutes away, by 7 AM.  A bit early for this girl, but we are excited to be able to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment