Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Left Hershey on Monday and Tuesday Was Still a Busy Day!

We were up by 7 on Monday and after a light breakfast we were on the pickleball courts by 9.  We had Wilbur all ready to depart when we left him - all we needed to do was "turn the key".

It was already very hot and humid when we began playing.  Wade and Tiffany, the folks who gave us their wooden paddles and taught us the basics of pickleball arrived at Hershey yesterday and it was so great to see them again and actually play pickleball together.  There were 7 of us who played and we had a very good time.

We said our good-byes and were on our way home by 11:15.  We had a fun time at Hershey, but it was not a relaxing trip.  By 1:15 we had Wilbur unloaded, wash started, and we sat down to eat lunch.  We had left Hershey a day early because of predicted storms and because our schedule for this week was rather crazy.  We felt our week would be a lot more "manageable" if we were home a day early!

By 1:30 they were predicting a possible tornado for our area and torrential rain. They interrupted TV shows to have continuous weather forecasting and tracking of the storms.  Fortunately, a tornado never struck this area but we did have some heavy rain and stronger than normal winds.  Ken and I decided to take a walk when it was just "showering", but by the time we got back, we were soaked.  Actually, it was a fun walk because it was so warm.  

Ken did a lot of homework for his class and then left at 6:15 for CR.  I finished all the wash and had a rather relaxing evening.  I was too tired to work on any crafts, etc.  I did have nice chats with Doloris and Cindy and enjoyed watching America Ninja Warrior.  For some reason, I enjoy that show.

Tuesday was an extremely beautiful weather day with temperatures in the mid 80's but very low humidity. Ken and I took a long walk, made breakfast and then showered.  I followed Ken to Beasley Ford in York (about a 35 minute drive) to have some warranty work done on Wilbur's engine.  We were back home by 11:15 and Ken went to his desk to do more homework.  I decided to organize and clean-up our very small outside storage area that is off our deck.  

We ate lunch and I left for my eye appointment at Costco.  Spent some time there just browsing, but I did buy some Tranquility Skorts.  They are so comfortable and just down right cute!  Then I left to get a haircut that was necessary.  Ken spent the afternoon with his brother Phil and his daughter Bella and son Lance.  They drove to Harrisburg to pick up a newly equipped handicap van for Lance that will be much easier for him to get in and out.  Ken drove their older van back for them and was so glad to have the opportunity to spend time with them today.

Lance can now get his motorized wheelchair to the front
of the van instead of always sitting in the back!

Phil and Lance were very excited about all the updated
equipment in this new van!

We both got home after 5:30 and by 5:45 were on our way to Bria and Cali's swim meet in Ephrata.  They are having a phenomenal year and enjoy being on the team.  It was a gorgeous evening to be outdoors and we were so happy to see them swim.  Cali came in 1st in 2 events and also was on the winning relay team for her age group.  Bria came in 1st in one event and was also on the winning relay team for 10 and under girls.  How exciting!

Bria was happy after coming in 1st
in butterfly!

Daddy was happy too!

We were home by 8:45 and I watched America's Got Talent.  Ken went to bed to read and I joined him at 10:30.  It seems like it was another very busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment