Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Very Special Father's Day!

Ken and I were up by 7, got ready for church, and were on our way to LCBC by 8:10 arriving there at 8:50.  We had a nice visit with members of our Life Group and then sat with Jamie, Dane, Sue, and Dan.  It was another very thought provoking service with exceptional music!

After church we were invited to a brunch at Dane and Jamie's house to celebrate Father's Day.  How nice of them!!!!  We had a delicious meal of homemade sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, and an egg casserole with ham, cheese, onions, peppers, and a base of crescent rolls.  Everything was so good.  We had a wonderful time sitting around their table just chatting about life and reminiscing about the early years of our marriage and family life.  What a special time.

We left there around 2 and returned to Wilbur at the Hershey CG.  It got to the high 80's today and with the humidity it felt like 98 - wow!  We both took a short rest and then we started preparing for tomorrow's departure.  Ken worked outside while I dusted and scoured inside.  I also packed most of our clothes and shoes, etc.  Ken vacuumed and I washed the floors.  It was a needed job!

After dinner, Ken did some financial things on the computer while I cleaned up.  Then I downloaded photos and worked on the blog while Ken read the paper.  Around 8:15 I put on my SAS and we went for a walk around the CG.  We could have some rain overnight, but they are predicting some severe storms tomorrow afternoon.  We hope to be home before they materialize, but we also plan to play some pickleball around 9 AM.  We only played about 3 times since we got here and I am looking forward to being on the courts tomorrow morning!

Melissa returned a call to me around 8:15 and we had such a nice time chatting. We certainly miss seeing Chuck and Melissa and hope we can meet up sometime later this year.  It was nice to reminisce about some of our adventures together and to "catch up" in what is going on with each other and our families.

We finished our conversation around 8:45 and I put on my SAS and we went for a 30 minute walk around the CG.  What a nice evening.  It was still warm, but there was a nice breeze.  We went to bed to read as soon as we returned to Wilbur.  This has certainly been a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment