Monday, April 2, 2018

Monday - Snowy Morning!

Ken was up before me to do his reading and when I got up I couldn't believe how hard it was snowing.  It was a beautiful, heavy snow with the tree branches covered, making it look like a winter fairy land.  I loved seeing it, but one snow a year is enough for me.  We actually had about 3 or 4 inches.

Taken from the balcony of our apartment.  So beautiful!


Ken left at 7:30 to meet a friend for breakfast.  Shortly after leaving I got a phone call from him.  It seems like a certain person, her name shall go unmentioned, forgot to close the sunroof on the CRV (it was only open about an inch), so when Ken got in, there were 2 very little piles of snow in the car.  But, when he tried to close the sunroof the track in the very front was frozen, so it opened instead - problem!  Now all the snow on the roof was pushed inside, kind of like an avalanche!  I may have caused a minor problem, but now there was a much larger one - lots of snow on the seats, floors and console.  Ken felt bad that he had to leave, but thought I might want to "address" the situation!

Not much snow in the car until Ken tried to close the sunroof!

Ken took this photo while driving to breakfast.  I am sure
that is a very safe thing to do!!!!!


So, I put on warm clothes and spent the next 20 minutes or so brushing snow out of the CRV.  Fortunately it was a "packing snow" and I could form some of it into snowballs!  I did bring all the floor mats inside to dry.

I ate breakfast, did some reading, and then got ready for the day.  When Ken returned he left the CRV run with the heat on for about 30 minutes, but the seats were still wet!

We ate lunch early and then left at noon to got to Masonic Homes to play Pinochle with my parents.  By then the roads were totally clear because it was in the 40's.  It was a great day of cards with the men winning 2 and the women 3 but 2 of the games were extremely close.  We only left at 5:30 because the tie breaking game was a long one!  By the time we headed home, almost all the snow was gone!

We had leftovers and salad for dinner, cleaned up, and then spent time going over our schedules for the next several months.  We have Bria and Cali's field hockey and swim meet schedules for the summer so we were trying to see when we could "squeeze" in some camping trips both with the granddaughters and some just for us!  The summer is going to be a busy one!

I worked on this blog while Ken did more reading.  I watched The Voice and tried my hand at more of the hat crochet patterns.  Today we also signed up for our 1st job with the Water Street Mission.  Looking forward to helping serve lunch next Monday.  Bed by 10:30.

1 comment:

  1. I wish can visit your country soon, I want to feel snow with my own hands

    ReplyDelete