Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday - What a Weather Change!

Hard to imagine that it was around 70 degrees when we went to bed, but by this morning the temperature had dropped to 42 with the high for the day expected to be about 43.  The weather forecast was very accurate and on top of that, it was windy with some light rain!  Wow!

Ken and I left for church at 8:30 and sat with Jamie and Dane.  Again, there was an inspirational message and great music.  After chatting with the girls, Ken and I decided to go home and make breakfast.  So, it was another omelette morning.  Ken had a really poor night of sleep and took a nap while I did a little crafting.  

At 12:45 we headed to Masonic Village to celebrate Dad's 94th birthday by playing Pinochle and having some cupcakes.  I can't believe how healthy he is and how good he looks.  He is amazing!  It was a great card playing day for the women winning 3 of the 4 games.  We left the men win the last one, because after all, it was Dad's birthday.

Ken and I were home by 5:30 and it was so cold and windy.  I made us salads for dinner and for tomorrow night and after dinner, we watched some TV and I crocheted.  Ken did a lot of reading.

We were in bed by 9:30.  I feel so blessed that both of my parents are still living and doing so well both physically and mentally.  Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment