Friday, April 20, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Cold In the Morning with a Bit of an Afternoon Warm-up!

Ken left at 7:30 to have breakfast with Gary.  I enjoyed a relaxing morning doing my stretches, devotions, and reading the paper.  After getting ready, I decided to do some rock painting.  (I just can't decided which craft I am enjoying the most right now - all of them are fun!)  Ken had stopped at a local produce stand and was home around 10:30.

Ken rested (he was up early) and I continued crafting which included making some greeting cards.  At 3:30 we headed to the Water Street Mission to help serve dinner.  We got to have dinner before the "guests" arrived and it was delicious.  They certainly have some great chefs and helpers preparing their food.  All went well and after helping to clean-up we left there at 6:15.

We stopped at Michael's and AC Moore to buy some large frames to display photos Ken has taken on many of our memorable adventures.  Michael's is going to be moving to a new location about 1/2 mile from their present one and have 50% off on many of their items, including all the frames.  I also had a 20% off coupon for your entire purchase, including sales items, so we got 3 large frames and a shadow box for a very reasonable price!

Back home by 7:30 after stopping for an ice cream cone - Hey, we had eaten dinner at 4!  I did some crocheting while watching Grey's Anatomy.  Both of us were in bed by 10:15.

Today, Friday, there was an actual frost warning for our area - what is that about?  It is only supposed to be in the 50's, unseasonably cool for this time of year!  I am about tired of this!!!!!

I left at 6:20 to meet my Curvette friends for breakfast and what a fun time we had.  We celebrated Marcia's belated birthday and she gave each of us an inlaid wood ornament in a shape that had a meaning for each of us.  Mine was a lighthouse so I could always find my way home when traveling - how thoughtful and it was HER birthday.  Ken met one of the young men he is helping to encourage and mentor for breakfast.

I stopped at Jamie's to give Cali a "worry" rock I painted for her.  Cali had slept with one of the rocks under her pillow that I had given her on Saturday as part of an Easter gift.  She asked Jamie if I could paint her a worry stone that she could keep under her pillow to help her during the night when her worries appear!  I painted her a cute angel with Do Not Worry written on it and she was thrilled.  Hopefully it will help her and Jamie!

I was home by 9 and Ken by 9:45.  Ken and I talked about our morning and then I worked on this blog.  After a light lunch, we were on our way to Masonic Village to play Pinochle with my parents.  We were there from 1 to 4:30 and had a great time.  It was the men's day for winning.  I think they won 3 of 4!  What is that about?

We stopped at home long enough to get a cheese plate together and then were on our way to spend the evening with Fred and Doloris.  She had invited us for dinner - chili, cornbread, and salad, and everything was delicious.  I had taken cheese and crackers and cupcakes for dessert.  We had such a fun evening with lots of laughter.  The men did try, but they just couldn't win any of the games.  Doloris and I won Hand and Foot by a HUGE margin and then we beat them in Haus by an even bigger margin.  Ken thought we should cut the deck to decide the winner for the evening - REALLY?  We always have a great time with the Martins!

We were home by 11 and it was off to bed.  These last 2 days have been busy ones, but oh so good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment