Friday, April 27, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Cool and Then a Rainy Friday!

Ken left at 7:30 to have breakfast with Gary.  I am not sure what happened to my "morning time" while he was gone, but it flew by.  After having breakfast, reading the paper, doing my devotions, phone calls with Cindy, and showering, it was time for us to have lunch.

We left at noon and headed to Masonic Village to spent the afternoon playing cards with my parents.  As per usual, we had a fun afternoon, but it wasn't a winning day for us ladies.  We played 4 games and we only won one!  Wow, that is ridiculous!  We always enjoy our Thursdays with mom and dad!

Ken and I were back home around 5:15, ate leftovers, watched the news, and while watching Grey's Anatomy I did some crocheting.  Ken did some reading in his office.  By 9:15 we were in bed.

Today, Friday, we were both up by 5:30 and by 6:20 I was on my way to Ephrata to have breakfast with the "Curvette" ladies.  All 8 of us were there and we had a fun time.  After breakfast I went to Dollar Tree and then to L & L Stamping Store near Ephrata to check out what they carry.  Wow, it is in the basement of an Amish/Mennonite farmhouse and the amount of inventory they carry is amazing.  I didn't have a lot of time to look around, but I was impressed and hope to return another day.  Ken had breakfast with his mentor from CR at 8 and got home about 5 minutes before me.  

At 10:15 we left to deliver for Meals on Wheels here in Lititz doing the Kissel Hill Route.  By then it was "pouring", great weather for getting in and out of the car to deliver food.  Fortunately it started to clear about 1/2 way through our route.  We were back to the church around noon and had a chance to talk with my friend, Polly.

After lunch, Ken and I spent time going over our schedule for the summer because we wanted to plan some camping adventures and possibly a road trip to Canada.  Because of other commitments throughout the summer, it can be challenging to find a "stretch of time" available for camping, but I think we came up with some good possibilities.  

I worked on this blog and then did some crafting.  Ken enjoyed going through some of the photos we had taken during our 2 western trips because we bought some larger frames that we want to hang in the apartment highlighting some of most memorable moments (it will be hard to choose!)

We decided to take a short walk since Ken's achilles is bothering him and my leg and hip are a problem right now.  Ken made us salads for dinner while I made enchiladas, a 1st for me and they were tasty!  After cleaning up, we played a game of Hand and Foot and Ken won again!  What am I doing wrong that he keeps winning?

I decided to enter our expenses into our budget program while he did some reading and by 10 we were in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment