Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday - Another Cold, Damp Day!

Okay, enough of these unseasonable cold, dreary days!  It was only in the low 40's today and sooo damp!  Time for the Spring weather to appear!

Ken left at 7:30 to meet his friend, Gary, for breakfast.  I got ready, made breakfast, stretched, and then did my devotions.  By then it was time to leave for Jamie's for a haircut.  Ken had done some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart after his breakfast and then was at Jamie's when I arrived getting his haircut.

He left around 10:45 and then it was my turn.  I decided to have Jamie cut it quite a bit shorter with layers for something different for the summer.  We had a wonderful time chatting and having some great conversations about "life"!  I really appreciate being able to talk with her and the haircut was good too!

I only left there around 12:30 and when I got home Ken had left to meet with someone from our investment office to do our taxes, but he had made salads for tonight and tomorrow.  What a guy!  I ate a light lunch and then decided I should do some cleaning, one of my favorite chores - NOT!

Ken was home for about 15 minutes and then he was off again to meet with one of the young guys he mentors.  I am so proud of what a great job he does with these men who need some guidance and support!  I continued my cleaning until he returned at 5.  We chatted about our day and then it was time to grill and have dinner.

After clean-up we decided to play a game of Hand and Foot and after 3 rounds we were only 450 points apart, but Ken had a great 4th round and was the definite winner!  I did some crocheting while watching Grey's Anatomy and we were both in bed by 9:30.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better weather day, but that's not what is forecasted!  Noela and I messaged today and they are hoping to be in New York this evening, but may be detained there if the weather is bad.  I am sure they are anxious to be back in Canada, because once you leave Florida you are just ready to get home when so much driving is involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment