Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Beautiful Beach Day!

Ken and I only woke around 8:15!  This snowbirding thing is working out well for us!  We decided to have flax pancakes for breakfast again this morning as well as some additional fruit.  We have found that 1/2 of a pancake is plenty for us when you spread peanut butter, strawberry slices, blueberries and bananas on top of it.  The "squirt" whipped cream helps too.  For some reason, especially for me, it keeps me "full" all morning and part way into the afternoon.  It has to be good for you I am sure!!!!

We called Lanie to sing "happy birthday" to her - it is birthday #38.  How can that be?  I must have had her when I was a mere teenager - NOT!  The counties in that area of PA still didn't have school today!  She said the main roads in many places are still not 2 lanes, so who knows when the schools will reopen.  I think everyone is getting a bit of "cabin fever".

We packed some food and drinks and were on our way to Mannasota Beach by 11:30.  Neil and Nancy Savage were already there when we arrived and we had about 3 hours of chatting and enjoying each others company.  They left by 2:0 and Ken and I spent the next 2 hours walking the beach looking for "treasures" and then doing a little reading.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day with the temperature getting to about 78 degrees - not bad!!!!!

The beach was fairly "full" today! 



By 1:00 the sun was shining brightly!

Looking for some treasures!  Notice the hat and long
sleeves - I am trying to be good in the sun and protect
my skin.  Both the hat and the shirt our sun protective
clothing.  

We were back to Waldo by 5 and had some leftovers for dinner.  After cleaning up and rinsing and soaking our findings from the beach, Ken left to go to the church we have been attending to try their Christian Yoga Class.  He used to take yoga back home several years ago, but always desired to find a Christian instructor.  So, he was excited to try it tonight!

I worked on the blog and then went to the pickleball courts here in the CG.  It is on the activities schedule that they play every Tuesday and Thursday evening starting at 6:30 so I was excited to play again.  There were only 7 of us there when I arrived, but by the time we were ready to start playing, there were at least 16 of us.  It was a perfect night for playing, no wind and in the 60's.  Ken stopped at the courts when he got back from yoga at 8:30.  I played 1 more game and then we headed back to Waldo.

We both had a great night.  Ken really enjoyed the Christian yoga and the amazing instructor.  He is looking forward to going back on Thursday and I will probably go back to play pickleball that night too!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment