Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rain, Rain, and More Rain AGAIN!

Ken went to the LR at 6:15 to do some reading.  I woke at 7:15 and did some reading in bed before getting up.  We had a light breakfast and after cleaning up, I cut Ken's hair.

After showering, we left at 10:45 to go to Noela and Ernie's CG and go out to lunch together.  It had rained most of the morning, but had slowed down when we got there.  We chatted for a little and then took a short walk around the CG between the raindrops.  We had a chance to introduce Ernie and Noela to Neil and Nancy Savage who are also at Harbor Lakes CG. 

This is Neil and Nancy's beautiful home!

Then we drove to the Captain's Table Restaurant on the pier at Punta Gorda where the Myakka and Peace Rivers meet.  Great setting. The food and service was excellent, but we enjoyed the food even more at Farlow's on the Water. There is a great "mall" with interesting and rather "touristy" shoppes where the Captain's Table is located.  We enjoyed walking through there!

We were thrilled to have a window table with a view
of the Myakka and Peace Rivers!

How about some blackened grouper, scallops and shrimp with
delicious green beans and rice pilaf?

I guess Ken liked it!

This is the mall where the
Captain's Table is located!

Lots of unique shoppes!

We were back to their RV by 3 and Ken changed to go to Yoga at Edgewater Church in Port Charlotte.  Noela and I drove with him to the Church and we went shopping at Michael's Crafts while he did his Yoga class.  We picked him up at 4:30 and it was pouring again.

When we got back to their RV Ernie wasn't there!  He had gone for a walk.  So we called him and he asked if we would pick him up in a park near their CG where he was in a pavilion for shelter.  It was really raining hard when we got to his location.  He was very wet and happy for a ride.

Ken and I returned to Waldo by 6 after stopping for gas.  I had talked to Lanie and Deb Eberly on the way back.  I appreciated their phone calls.

I also heard from the Dermatology Center and I will have my Mo's procedure appointment at 7:45 tomorrow morning.  That means we will have to leave the CG around 6:15 for the 75 mile drive.  Wow, that is early for this girl, but I am thankful to go 1st thing in the morning.  I will be glad when it is over and all is well!

We had a very light supper and a relaxing evening.  I spent time balancing my craft check book (it needed some major work!), posted on this blog, and had TV on in the background.  Ken did a lot of reading.

We were in bed by 9:00 in preparation for tomorrow's early departure to Estaro Bay and my dermatology appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment