Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Cool, Very Windy Day, But NOOOO Snow!

Ken was up by 6:30, but I only woke at 8:30.  I am getting into the bad habit of staying up too late and getting up too late also, but it feels good!

I prepped for breakfast while Ken showered and then he cooked while I showered.  Works well for us!!!!!  I talked to my mother and she was concerned about Dad.  His legs and knees have given out 2x since yesterday and he ends up falling or rather slowly ending up on the floor, which the home considers a fall!  Also, mom and the nurses thought he seemed a bit confused, which is often the sign that he is getting another urinary tract infection.  They will keep a close watch on him.  In the meantime, I talked to Cindy and she had talked to Dad and didn't find him confused at all.  So, hopefully all will be well.  Time will tell.

I also talked to Lanie regarding the snow blizzard in our area back home.  It had been snowing since around 5 PM yesterday and was continuing today at some times 2 to 3 inches per hour.  They have at least 18 inches and were expecting somewhere between 2 and 3 feet with strong winds tonight.  It is one for the record books!

Ken and I left around 11:30 and went to downtown Venice to a produce market for fruits and veggies.  I was disappointed with the prices and the quality of the food.  Then we went to visit Lloyd Eberly who is in our small group at church back home, and he and his wife, Deb,  just bought a house in Venice in November.  Deb had been down since the new year, but went home for 3 weeks to do her appraisal work returning the 6th of February.  Wrong time for her to go home with the big blizzard!  We had a nice visit with Lloyd and enjoyed the tour of their home, a perfect fit for them!

On our way back to the CG we stopped at Wal-Mart for some groceries.  Why is it that everytime you leave Wal-Mart and head home you realize several items you forgot to purchase?  You would think going for groceries once a week (or maybe twice) would be sufficient, but no!!!!!

We were back to Waldo by 3:00, put everything in its place, cooked some turkey burger and cut-up veggies for the making of pasta fagioli soup tomorrow. Attempted to skype with Jamie's family but they weren't available.  We left by 3:45 to go to Ernie and Noela's CG and talked to Jamie and the girls on the way. We will skype with them tomorrow.  

We chatted with Ernie and Noela until 5:15 and then the 4 of us went to Sonny's Bar-B-Que for dinner.  My 1st time at Sonny's since we arrived here - it was about time!!!!  After a delicious pulled pork sandwich, we went back to the CG and played Skip-Bo (women won), and then 3 games of Pass the Pig.  The men won the best out of 3 in that game.

We were back to Waldo by 9:45 and I downloaded photos and worked on this blog.

Got some great pictures from back home today that I want to share with you. It may feel rather chilly here in Florida, but I am not going to complain.  We know how fortunate we are to be here and not there!!!!

Jamie and Dane are in the process having their
kitchen totally redone, including removing  one
wall and adding another.  They are doing the
painting and what better way to spend a
snowy day.  Doesn't appear that the kitchen
is too functional at the moment!!!

Looking across the street from their LR. 

This is their backyard!

Love this photo!  This is our  camping friend, Fred,
from back home.  He has been using his Florida
snow shovel for hours and still hasn't found even
one shark's tooth.  I don't believe he has made much
headway with the snow either!!!
Thanks for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment