Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Relaxing Day with an Hour on the Beach!

Ken got up at 6:15, did some reading, and met Ernie for a 1 1/2 hour walk!  It was only 42 degrees, so numerous layers of clothing were required!

What a gorgeous picture Ken took of the sunrise!


I was up at 7:30 and did some reading, did some messages on Facebook, prepped for breakfast and showered.  We had flax pancakes for breakfast and find them to be good and very filling!

Noela came over to Waldo around 10 to have me show her how I make my earrings and pendants.  We had a little jewelry 101 session and it was fun.  I am going to make her some earrings to match some necklaces that her daughter made for her.  We ended the session around 11:15.

Ken and I got ready and picked up Ernie and Noela at 11:45 to go Sun Fresh for fruit and veggies and then to Farlows on the Water for an exceptional, delicious lunch.  All of their food is presented so nicely and is so tasty.  We sat on their enclosed deck where they had heaters running - what is that about?????

When you are near Englewood, this is a restaurant to check out!


From there we drove to Englewood Beach to walk and look for "treasures". The 3 of them did a lot of walking, but I was down on my knees staying in a very small section of the beach for the whole time finding sharks teeth and some shells for my jewelry making.  I found over 100 sharks teeth today in such a small area and it was so much fun.  It was rather cool and breezy!


Englewood Beach!

Windy and cool, but beautiful!


We were back to the CG by 4 and Ken and I started preparing for our departure tomorrow to Ramblers Rest CG in the Venice area.  It is only about a 40 minute drive, so I will just follow Ken in the CRV.  Ken put things away outside while I did the same inside.  

I had a nice conversation with my mom and sister and everyone is doing well. Ken had a long talk with Jamie today about Dane's grandmothers death.  It is a tough time for everyone, but they know she was ready to go to be with her husband and her loving God!

Ernie and Noela came over at 7 and we played Skip-Bo which the men won, and then the women won 5 Crowns, a new game for them.  We called Chuck and the 4 of us chatted with him.  Chuck and Melissa flew into Nashville yesterday from San Antonio and are staying with her mother until tomorrow morning.  He had a cancerous growth removed from his upper arm (he had it removed over Christmas, but they needed to go deeper).  All went well, but it will be sent away again and hopefully no further treatment will be needed.

We were in bed by 10 and finding it hard to believe that our week at Harbor Lakes is ending.  We have had a great time with Ernie and Noela and since we are only 30+ minutes down the road for the next 2 weeks, we will be spending more days together.

No comments:

Post a Comment