Thursday, February 25, 2016

1st Day at Rambler's Rest!

Ken and I were not early risers enjoying a little time to unwind.  We showered, cooked breakfast, and did a little reading!  We left the CG around 9:45 and Ken drove me to a nearby Michael's to get some necessary items for my upcoming craft show.  They had a 40% off coupon for the jewelry supplies I needed plus an additional 20% on your total bill - WOW!!!!  While I was there Ken went for gas and a soda.

Next stop was Hobby Lobby for a return and just to look around.  Ken went to Wal-Mart to get a coiled hose for Waldo.  I also "popped" into Beall's Outlet and found a nice black tank top to wear to the beach.  We got back to Rambler's Rest around 1:00.

Chuck and Melissa had texted us earlier that they would probably arrive at the CG at 11:15, but we knew there was a problem when we pulled in and Chuck was in his motorhome in the front parking lot.  When they went to pull onto their site, it was too wet to get into it without making huge ruts on the neighboring annual sites.  The neighbors were not happy.  So they went back to the office and asked if there were any other sites available.  Of course, there was one across from the sewer plant.  They checked out that one and it was very "squishy".  Ramblers Rest personnel tried their best to be helpful, but because of all the rain on Wednesday, they were between a "rock and a hard place".  They offered to put stones on the entrance to the site.  In the meantime, Melissa had checked out the availability of a CG nearby (Ramblers Rest said they would gladly refund their money if they wanted to go somewhere else), but they were full.  Long story short, after much discussion and the 4 of us checking out the site, Chuck was able to get into it without much difficulty. Not a perfect site, but we are very close to each other.  We are looking forward to a fun-filled week with Ernie and Noela joining us for many adventures.  The 6 of us always have so much fun together!

This is our campsite at Rambler's Rest!

Chuck and Melissa are about 6 sites down the road from us.

By the time they were set-up, we were all starving, since none of us had lunch. Chuck needed to pick-up a prescription at the Sarasota Costco, so we all headed there stopping at Sweet Tomato for "lupper".  Hey, we couldn't help that it was within 4 miles of Costco!!!!!!  As per usual, the food was delicious and the price was right!  After a quick stop at Costco, we got back to the CG around 7:00.  

By 8:00 we were all in Waldo chatting and then watching Idol while we played a game of Pinochle and Skip-Bo.  The women won both!  It was a fun evening.  So nice to be back with Chuck and Melissa.  We sure miss them when we are apart!

They left at 10:30 and we headed right to bed.  We have to be on our way to the dermatology office in Estero by 7:20 tomorrow morning for my 8:45 appointment.  It should be my last one here in Florida.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment