Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday - Cool Start to Beautiful Sunny Day!

Ken was up early to do his reading, but I only showed my face at 7:10.  It was only 42 degrees and the warm covers felt great!  Ken went for a walk with Ernie while I did my stretches, showered, and got ready for the day.

I made a batch of oat bran muffins and ate breakfast while they baked.  Ken went outside to begin organizing the bins in preparation for our departure next week and to load the CRV with all we need for tomorrow's craft show at Englewood Sports Complex.  I did some clean-up inside and then Noela stopped by and we enjoyed a cup of chai.  

Ken loaded up Deb's bike that she had brought to us yesterday to donate to the Bike Ministry at Edgewater Church.  So, Ken went to the church to drop it off and they were so thankful for such a nice bike.  We appreciate your donation, Deb, and it will definitely go to a person in need!

When he returned he decided to read and rest while I recorded our expenses on our budget program and worked on this blog.

After lunch, Ken and I went to the Englewood Sport Complex to set-up for tomorrow's craft show.  We are so thankful we can do that the day before and not have to arrive early on Saturday!  It took a bit longer than anticipated, about 2 hours, but I think we did a good job!  We stopped at Dollar Tree to get some bags and tissue paper to wrap the sea glass pictures when they are purchased - we are hopeful!

Ken did a bit more loading outside and then at 4:30 Ernie, Noela, Ken and I headed to the shuffleboard courts for one of those challenging men vs women games.  We played 2 games and we each won one (the women won the 2nd game which is probably the most important!).

Ken grilled chicken, steak and potatoes while I made us salads and did lots of dishes.  It was a delicious dinner.  Ernie and Noela came over at 7:15 and we played a game of Hand and Foot and also had another treat of Key Lime Pie.  (That will be the end of that extravagance with so many calories!)  It was another winning night for the ladies and we won "big time"!  They left at 9:30 and we headed to bed - off to the craft show tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment