Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday - Last Day in Florida for 2018!

Ken did some reading and then went for a walk with Ernie.  I only got up at 7:45 after a restless night of sleep.  I did my stretches, showered, and got ready for breakfast.

When Ken returned, we had omelettes, cleaned-up, and then Ken did more work outside, including getting on the roof to sweep, while I did some cleaning and scrubbing inside Wilbur.  We spent time trying to decide on our plan for heading home because Jamie called and they had gotten about 3" of snow yesterday and it was snowing at 8 this morning and supposed to continue all day (8 to 12 inches!).  Don't they know it is spring????  After much discussion mixed with some frustration, we decided to leave tomorrow morning, but only after 7:30 or so and maybe stop for 2 nights instead of 1 to give the snow in PA more time to melt!!!! Once we finally decided on a plan we felt much better!

At 10:45, Bill and Donna stopped by so I could show Bill how to wire wrap shark's teeth and he was a fast learner!  It was nice to have another opportunity to visit with them.  They left Wilbur around 1:15 and we had a light lunch.  I picked up Noela at 2:15 and we went to get gas in the CRV and then shop at Michael's, Beall's Outlet (I had a $5.00 rewards credit that had to be used before May, so I didn't have a choice but to go shopping) and then back to the CG by 4.  Ken had done some additional prep work while we were gone and took a short nap!

At 4:30, the 4 of us headed to the shuffleboard courts to find out once and for all who the best players were and guess what, the women won both games.  I must admit they were close, but none the less we were victorious!  It was a lot of fun!

Ken and I spent about 45 minutes winterizing Wilbur (it is a process, but Ken really knows what he is doing) and by 6:30 we were at Ernie and Noela's to eat dinner together.  Because we had winterized, we had no water, so she had offered for us to cook our dinner there - I had leftovers and Ken grilled a bean burger.  Noela had made salads for all of us!  How Nice!!!!  Just as we finished eating, Jim and Joyce came by to say good-bye to Ken and I, and the 6 of us spent the next 2 hours visiting.  It was a wonderful last evening in Florida.  We had planned to play Hand and Foot, but it was a relief for the men to not lose again (I mean play again!!!!)

We were back to Wilbur by 9:30 and went right to bed.  Plan to be on the road before 8 tomorrow morning, but a little "anxious" as to what to expect as we head north!

No comments:

Post a Comment