Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thursday - Cool, Windy Day, but Sunny!

Ken woke to the alarm at 5:45 and by 6:15 he was on his was to the men's Bible Study at Edgewater.  I had trouble getting up, only "standing up" by 7:20.  I did my stretches and dressed till Ken returned at 7:45.  High temperatures today will only be in the upper 60's and it is very windy!  Tonight it will get into the upper 40's, but then it will start to warm up again and by next week be in the 70's - yes!!!!

We made eggs for breakfast and chatted while drinking our hot beverages!  Ken left again at 8:45 to go back to the Church to help unload food and set-up for tomorrow's Food Bank.  I had a nice conversation with Cindy.  I am so fortunate to have such a fantastic sister.  I always enjoy chatting with her!  Hopefully we will get together over the weekend!

I left a message for Lanie and then I cleaned up from breakfast and finished getting ready for the day.  I walked over to check on Noela and her ear appears to be doing better, but everytime she puts in the drops, it tends to close again.  I think it is just going to take some time because it has been closed for quite a long time!

I came back to Wilbur and worked on the blog and also had a nice chat with Lanie.  Later in the day we also got to talk to Jamie.  All the granddaughters had a snow day yesterday and at Morgantown, where Lanie lives, they had between 6 and 8 inches.  Jamie's area just had a dusting.  Ken returned at 1 when I was getting set-up to work on sea glass pictures.  We ate lunch and then Ken rested while I started "being creative"!  Ken did some reading and then at 4:30 Ernie, Noela, Ken and I went to the shuffleboard courts where the men won both games - what is that about?????

Back to Wilbur to clean-up my crafty "mess" and then over to Ernie and Noela's to help great ready for dinner (actually she had almost everything done!) because they asked us to come for dinner, their treat!  How special.  We had a delicious dinner of grilled shrimp and scallops plus salad and then key lime pie for dessert!  We played one game of Skip-Bo which the men won!  What is going on????  It was a very fun evening!

Back to Wilbur around 9:45 and it was off to bed.

Barry and Deb, our friends from Canada, had made reservations here at Harbor Lakes from next Thursday till Sunday, but there was a change of plans and they will just be here to visit for the day on Thursday.  We had looked forward to having several days with them, but 1 day is much better than none.  We are excited to see them and spend time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment