Saturday, March 10, 2018

Saturday - Sunny Morning and Rainy Afternoon and Evening!

One of us was up at 5:30 and the other at 6:30 - can you guess????  We made breakfast, Ken loaded the car and we were on our way to John and Cindy's CG at LaBelle by 7:45.  It was a cool morning, but sunny and nice.  We got to their CG a little after 9, chatted a little, and then headed to the pickleball courts.

No one else was on the courts and so the 4 of us had a great time playing together.  Again, it was a day were we changed partners after every game and the scores were so close.  We really had a lot of good volleys and some great shots.  It was so much fun.  We were on the courts for about 2 1/4 and although we were tired, we really didn't want to stop, but our muscles and joints said it was time to walk away. 

John and Cindy had decided to make lunch for the 4 of us and we had delicious chicken quesadillas and salad that we ate outside.  After cleaning up, we played a game of Skip-Bo which the men won and then Wizard which Cindy won by a huge margin (of course she was the scorekeeper)!  

Ken and I had planned to leave between 5 and 6, so Cindy suggested that we go to Belle's Ice Cream Bar, about 1 1/2 miles from their CG.  It was a quaint little shop with very good ice cream.  We said our good-byes because we won't see each other again till we are back in PA and at the wedding of Alexandra, Cindy's granddaughter on March 25th.  John and Cindy are leaving Florida next Thursday and staying at Camp Lejeune, NC for about 4 or 5 nights before returning to PA.  We have certainly enjoyed having them here and the times we have been together!

The seating area in the ice cream shop.  Note the snow scene
on the wall.  Felt like we were back in PA!

We left LaBelle around 5:30 and drove through rain the whole way back to Harbor Lakes, but we still made the trip in a little over an hour!  I had a nice conversation with Lanie while we were driving.  Lanie is president of the elementary school's PTO this year and they had their largest fundraiser today, a carnival indoors.  She was in charge of the food and getting donations from local businesses.  It was a success and she is very thankful it is over!

After showers, I worked on this blog and Ken caught up on e-mails and Facebook while watching TV.  It was still raining!  We went to bed at 9:15 after we changed the clocks.  We don't want to miss getting that needed hour of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment