Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday - Gorgeous Day That Was So Special!

Ken was up earlier than me (normal morning) and did his reading before I was "shining"!  He left at 7:45 for a walk with Ernie.  I got ready, did some reading, and then had breakfast almost ready when Ken returned.

Did dishes and then Ken loaded the car for our final trip to the beach for this year.  We left for Manasota Beach at 9:15 making a stop at the bank on the way.  We met Rick and Joyce at the beach at 10 and did a lot of chatting before the men went for a long walk and Joyce and I went looking for sharks teeth.  It was a perfect weather day on the beach with temperatures near 80, lots of sunshine, and just a nice breeze.  The surf would come a shore and spread out the shell pieces and after each "wash" it was fairly easy to find the teeth.  The water was warm and felt good when I was on my knees and the water came ashore around me.  Joyce and I did that from about 10:45 to 1:15 and then sat on our chairs to just talk.  

The "boys" returned around 1:45 and by 2 the four of us were leaving the beach to have lunch together at The Lighthouse Grill at Stump Pass off Placida Road.  What an unbelievable setting on the water at Stump Pass Marina.  We had to wait an hour, but who cares, for it was gorgeous to sit and chat along the water.  Each of us had pulled pork sandwiches with their hand cut fries and it was all very good!  Definitely a place that we would return to!

The Lighthouse Grill - a very nice place to eat!

Our view while relaxing on adirondack chairs!

View from our table!

Rick and Joyce have added so much joy to our winter
here in Florida!
We said our good-byes on the parking lot and it was not an easy departure.  We have really enjoyed all of our times with Rick and Joyce and will definitely miss that they no longer reside in PA.  I guess we will just have to come to the Venice area of Florida more often.  We really do treasure and value their friendship!

Back to Wilbur to shower, work on this blog, and I changed to play pickleball tonight here at the CG.  Ken went to Celebrate Recovery to see his "buddies" and enjoy the service.  I played pickleball from 7 to 8:15 and had such a good time with some of my Canadian friends.  I went right to Ernie and Noela's and Ken arrived at 8:30 with Hot Fudge sundaes for all of us from McDonald's.  What a delicious treat!  We chatted for about 1/2 hour and then Ken and I returned to Wilbur to read and then head to bed.  

This was certainly a very special day.  We will miss so many wonderful friends when we leave Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment