Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday - Craft Show and Italian Dinner

Ken and I got up by 6:30 and got ready to go to our craft show at the Englewood Sports Complex.  We ate breakfast, packed some snacks and a light lunch and were on our way by 8:20, about a 20 minute drive.  It was a cool morning, but by early afternoon it was in the upper 70's with plenty of sunshine.

I really enjoy doing indoor craft show with NO wind, cold, or heat and humidity.  There was a good crowd that came to buy and we had a steady flow of people till about 12:30.  I had really reduced the price of all of my jewelry and I was thrilled at how much of it we sold.  Also, the sea glass pictures sold well too and one lady bought 9 of them as gifts for her staff back home - wow!  It was the best show I had this winter and I was very thankful.  Ernie and Noela and fellow campers at Harbor Lakes, Jim and Joyce, stopped by.  

Ken and I were loaded and on our way back to the CG by 2:30.  We unloaded the car and put some of the things in their proper place in Wilbur.  The rest of the "stuff" will be loaded in the outside bins as we get closer to our departure time and Ken starts organizing those areas!  For now the living room area is a bit "messy"!

We picked up Ernie and Noela at 3:15 and drove to Briandi's Italian Restaurant in Nokomis for a delicious dinner.  Their bread, minestrone soup, and lasagna are amazing!  Ken and Ernie each enjoyed a fish entree served over pasta.

On our way back, we stopped at Detwiler's Market for some fruits and veggies and then enjoyed a visit to The Rookery outside of Venice.  There were so many herons nesting there.

Lots of birds come to The Rookery each night to sleep!

Great Heron with her 2 babies!  These were very young!

Blue Heron mama and babies!

These Great Heron babies are a bit older!


These 2 babies were constantly "picking" on each other, especially
the one on the right.  He/she was definitely the dominate one!
It was so interesting watching them feeding their babies!  "Mama's" head appears to go all the way down her baby's throat when she is feeding he/she!  Also, 1 baby appeared to be the dominate one, rarely allowing the other one to get any food.  I think mama needs to be more of a disciplinarian or the weaker one is going to have trouble surviving!

Begging to be fed!

Where is mama's beak and head????

One pair of the great heron's decided it was time to "get together" -

Time to move on!!!!

Now time to tidy up and shake a few tail feathers!!!

We were back to the CG around 6:30 and we played Hand and Foot at Ernie and Noela's till 8:45.  The men were so excited to finally win a game.  Now they think it is a skill game, not a luck one!  Really??????

Back at Wilbur, Ken did the dishes while I downloaded photos and then did this blog.  We were tired, but what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment