Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday - Another Very Hot Day!

It was already very warm when we got up but beautiful.  Ken and I left at 8:10 to meet Cindy and John at the pickleball courts.  It was already near 80.  What a fun time we had and all the games were extremely close.  Cindy and I actually beat the guys 2 of 3 games - Wow!  I discovered that I need to play pickleball in the morning instead of the afternoon, because that it when my back is at its best.  I actually played well today - YES!  I felt like I was able to move around the court much better than on Wednesday afternoon.  

We played for about 2 hours and were tired and very hot!  We said our good-byes until we meet next Thursday at Chesapeake Resort in VA.  They will get there on Tuesday, but we are only leaving very early Thursday morning.

Showers were very necessary when we arrived back home and then it was time for lunch.  I left at 1 to go to the new AC Moore Craft Store they opened outside of Lancaster and then also went to check out the existing one.  I had a good time.  

I was home by 3:15 and Ken had left for his Step Study.  I did some clean-up and then worked on this blog.  Also made a greeting card.  Ken was home by 5 and we had leftovers for dinner.  We played 3 rounds of Hand and Foot and then planned to stay in for the evening.  But, there was nothing special on TV and we knew that the Lancaster Symphony was giving a free concert in the band shell in Lititz Park at 8, so we left about that time to catch part of it.  Well, because of the predicted thunderstorms, there was no concert and it was actually a beautiful evening.  Turns out, unknown to us, they had announced on Friday that the concert was being moved to the High School Auditorium because of the questionable forecast!  Well, so much to spending the evening listening to patriotic music.

We walked back home and by 9:15 we were in bed to do some reading.  We did not get any of the predicted wet weather today, just heat and some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment