Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday - Off and On Cloudy Morning, But Beautiful Afternoon!

It was in the 60's when we got up, but the sun didn't decide to stay shining until about 1:15.  It was a windy day, but beautiful when we could finally see our shadows!

Ken left for his volunteer job at MCC and by a little before 9 I was on my way to Jamie's.  We met Lanie in New Holland for a mother and daughters day!  We drove to the Village of Intercourse (yes, that is the town's name!) and spent most of our time walking around the shoppes at Kitchen Kettle.  The girls had never been there and we really had an enjoyable time.  We spent lots of time at the Olive Oil Shop tasting all the balsamic flavored oils and all the others.  Of course, all 3 of us bought some of the sampler sized bottles.

Throughout the Village, there are lots of things to sample like jams and jellies, salsas, cheese, beef sticks, fudge, candy, flavored peanut butters, shoofly pie, etc.  It like being at a delicious smorgasbord!  We also checked out some of the stores in the town area and then had a great lunch at the Kling House.  We left there around 1:45 so Lanie and Jamie would be home in time to meet the girls at the bus stop.

Ken worked hard at MCC and then went to a local roadside market to get some fruits and veggies.  He was resting when I got home at 2:30.  I quickly changed and by 3 we were on our way to meet Cindy and John to play pickleball.  Unfortunately I did not play well today.  My back and hip just didn't want to cooperate, maybe because of all the walking and standing I had done this morning.  Whatever the reason, it was rather frustrating for me.  I felt like my feet just didn't want to move!

We had a light dinner when we got home around 6 and then I finished one baby afghan and started another one.  Then it was time to work on this block and do my devotions which I didn't have time to do earlier today.

I was so grateful to spend time with Lanie and Jamie. The 3 of us don't get together very often, but when we do I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment