Friday, May 4, 2018

Thursday and Friday - Nice Weather Days!

Ken left at 7:15 to stop at Jamie's for a short visit before meeting his friend, Gary, for breakfast.  I did my normal routine things including making myself an omelette for breakfast and stretching.  Then I did a bit more cleaning before getting ready for the day.  

I had a nice long chat with Jamie before Ken and I had a light lunch.  We left at 12:15 to spend the afternoon with my Mom and Dad playing pinochle at Masonic Village.  It was another fun Thursday afternoon and a winning day for the women.  We played 4 games and we won 3 - YES!

Ken and I left for home at 5 (4 hours of playing cards) and decided we hadn't eaten out for quite a while, so we stopped at Knight and Day Diner for their "Senior Citizens" specials - getting older does have some advantages!!!  We each brought some of our meals home, but we were still "stuffed"!  So, when we got home we decided to take a walk downtown.  It was a fairly comfortable walk for me and a gorgeous evening to be outdoors - in the 80's.

I watched Grey's Anatomy and had a nice phone conversation with my friend, Jackie!  Ken did some reading in his office.  By 9:30 we were in bed to do some reading (I needed to do my devotions which didn't get done earlier today!)

Today, Friday, was another warm day, but the sun was in and out.  I was up by 5:30 to get ready to go to breakfast with my Curvette ladies.  I was actually up about an hour before Ken!  Imagine that!!!

I enjoyed a fun time with the gals and good breakfast quesadillas.  Thanks for sharing, Marcia!  I stopped at Dollar Tree for a few items, getting back home around 9:00.  Ken had taken a morning walk and had breakfast.  We chatted on the deck and looked at our schedules for the next several weeks.  Also had a brief chat with Lanie and Jamie.

At 10:15 we drove to the Waterstreet Mission to help serve lunch.  1st we got to  have lunch before the guests arrived.  There was a rather large crew there today and we had a great time.  We left at 1:15, making a stop at Michael's for 2 more frames for photos from our western adventures!

We changed and got on our bikes to ride the rail trail that starts here in Lititz and will soon be completed the whole way to downtown Ephrata.  There is just a small section that is not yet completed because of a needed bridge repair.  I think they hope to have the entire 8 miles open by the Fall.  We rode about 8 or 9 miles and it felt great, a perfect weather day for a ride.  It was in the low 80's, but partly cloudy with just a gentle breeze.  We will be excited when we can ride the whole way to Jamie and Dane's!

What a great trail for riding....

....and the farmland views are amazing!


We relaxed when we got back home and then had salads and leftovers for dinner.  It was time to play another game of Hand and Foot and tonight I was the winner - hallelujah, it is about time!

I decided to spend the remainder of the evening going through my closet and drawers and packing the heavier clothes in bins until I need them next fall and winter - felt good to do that.  Found a place for all my summer clothing and even filled a bag with unwanted items to give to the local thrift shop, Matthew 25.  What an accomplishment!

By 10 I was exhausted and ready for some bedtime reading!  It has been a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment