Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tuesday - Time to Get Ready for our Camping Adventure!

Both of us slept in a bit today, for it was 6:20 when we got up.  Ken did some reading while I did my stretches and put in a load of wash.  Ken went for a 45 minute walk.  We got ready and then had oatmeal for breakfast.  I left at 8:45 for my physical therapy.

As soon as I returned we drove to Ephrata to pick-up Wilbur.  After stopping for gas, we headed back home.  Ken did some unloading and loading of numerous items we had gotten ready for our trip to near the Chesapeake Bay in VA, about a 5 1/2 hour drive, but we have to go around Baltimore and DC.

I did 3 loads of wash and baked a double batch of oat bran muffins while Ken went in and out to Wilbur.  Around lunchtime the sun decided to make an appearance and it got fairly hot and humid.  After cleaning the kitchen and completing the wash, we ate lunch and then Ken left to meet one of his CR buddies for coffee.  I downloaded pictures, worked on this blog, and then spray painted a picture frame that will display our photos from hiking Angel's Landing in Zion National Park several years again.  That is probably the most taxing and scary adventure I have ever done and it is worthy of being documented!

Ken had made salads for dinner before he left so he grilled mahi mahi and a steak and we had a delicious dinner.  He left at 6:20 to go to Celebrate Recovery! I spent the evening working in my craft area and on the computer downloading some more ideas for rock painting and card making.

I also had numerous phone conversation with friends I hadn't talk with for quite a while including, Doloris, Jackie, and my mother.  All are doing well and it was great "catching up"!  I enjoyed watching America's Got Talent and Ken and I went to bed around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment