Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tuesday - What a Gorgeous Summer Like Day!

As per usual, Ken was up before me to do his reading.  I did my stretches and got ready for the day after putting in a load of wash.  We both had oatmeal with lots of fresh fruit for breakfast.  We are trying to help each other get into better eating habits, as we have had to many exceptions lately!

I did my devotions and we had a nice long conversation with Jamie.  After finishing the wash, I left at 10:15 to play pickleball indoors.  Ken spent about 1 1/2 hours outside raking leaves and pulling weeds from the flowerbeds in front of our apartment building.  Then he went to Costco.

Pickleball went well as far as my back is concerned, but I didn't play very well.  I just wasn't very aggressive!  I left there around 12:45 and stopped at Root's Country Market to get some fresh fruit and veggies.  Then I went to Hartz Therapy Group and scheduled my 1st appointment with them for tomorrow.  Time will tell if they can help my "back situation"!

When I got home, Ken was just ready to leave for a walk to downtown Lititz, so I joined him.  It was in the 70's with lots of sunshine, just a perfect day to be outdoors.  I wore the new back "brace" I got yesterday, and although I had pain, it was tolerable.

When we returned I filled out all my paperwork for PT and then got a call that my MRI is scheduled for this coming Monday - wow, that was fast!  We are certainly moving forward rapidly and I am thankful.

I did have a nice phone conversation with Neola and we agreed on a date that Ken and I will take a road trip to Canada to visit them, staying about 3 nights after visiting with Barry and Deb.  Ken had talked to Barry earlier today and they graciously agreed to having us stay at their house too for 3 nights.  We are looking forward to spending time with both of them.

I worked on this blog and did some crafting.  Ken left at 5:15 to go to Celebrate Recovery for the evening.  He had dinner there too!  I continued crafting and only ate dinner around 6:30.  Back to my desk to do some stamping and rock painting. Ken was back by 9:30 and I was still working at my desk.  I did watch The Voice and and Rise while I worked.

We went to bed at 10 and my craft area looked like a "war zone"!  Actually you would think I was a hoarder!  Hopefully tomorrow I will get it back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment