Friday, March 10, 2017

Another Good Day Health and Weather Wise!

After another good night's sleep, Ken was up by 6 and I got up at 7.  We ate a light breakfast and Ken left for pickleball around 8:15.  I decided to take my time, read, work on the blog, etc. before heading to the courts around 9.  I decided to wear my sneakers in case I felt like playing.

I watched for a little and then decided to play a game and my partner was Ken. We had a good time playing together.  Then we sat out a game and played together again.  Both of us were happy with our playing.  I thought I was done, but then 3 of the ladies asked if I would play one more game with them and I couldn't say no!  It was the best game I have played in a long time. Maybe being sick helped my game - I don't think I am willing to go through that again just to improve my pickleball game!

After showering and relaxing a little, we picked up Ernie and Noela and the 4 of us drove to Lundy's Restaurant for lunch.  We loved eating outside and the food was extremely reasonable and delicious.




A nice view from our table!


From there we went to Manasota Beach and were there from 2 to 4.  It was a gorgeous day to be a beach bum - in the upper 70's, lots of sunshine, and a nice breeze.  (Another prefect day in Paradise!)


Looks pretty inviting!




A Busy day on the beach!





Ken walked just a short way down the beach and met up with Lloyd and Deb, one of the couples in our small church group.  Turns out I walked passed them and they called me back (I didn't see them!).  We had a nice visit!

On the way back to the CG, the 4 of us stopped at McDonald's for their famous, but limited, Shamrock Shake.  Wow, it tasted good especially when you ask them to add a little chocolate milkshake to the mint one.  Try it, you will like it!

Another shower when we returned and then Ken and I decided to take a short nap.  We watched the news and Wheel of Future and then Ernie and Noela joined us to play games.  It is about time we got together to spend an evening of men vs. women games!  It was a fantastic night for the ladies winning both Skip-Bo and Racko handily!!!!  What fun!  

Looking forward to a bike ride on Pine Island tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment