Saturday, March 25, 2017

Gorgeous, Relaxing Day!

Ken and I headed to the  pickleball courts at 8:30 and we ended up just practicing because no other players came to play.  Actually we had a good time trying to get better at the net.

From there we headed to the clubhouse to check out the yard sale, but didn't find anything that "we needed"!  Ken headed back to Wilbur and I stopped to chat with Ernie and Noela.  I helped her with a jewelry project she was having some trouble completing.

Ken and I decided we would stay at the CG today except for a trip Ken made to Wal-Mart for a few needed items.  He spent time setting up outside again, because of the wind gusts yesterday, Ken had put the awning in as well as everything that was hanging.  I spent my time painting coconut fish.  If I am going to sell these fish, I will definitely have to make the designs on the fish much simpler.  I have too many hours on these two fish, but I certainly enjoy creating them.

Ken drilled holes in some of the apple snail shells we had found and started to string them together so we can make a wind chime.  Then he made salads for tonight and tomorrow night - what a guy!  He said he wanted me to continue working on my fish!

I talked to mom and both she and dad are doing well.  She did mention that they are so anxious for us to be back home.  

We watched the beginning of the news and then Ken and I went to Ernie and Noela's for dinner.  We took our salads and they provided the skewed grilled shrimp.  It was so delicious and in the 70's so we could eat outside.  What a treat!

After cleaning up, Ernie and Noela came to Wilbur and the men won 5 Crowns by a large margin. (I have to be truthful!)  They left at 9:30 and Ken and I were both tired and ready to call it a day.  Can't believe we will be here just one more week.  Next Saturday we drive to Jekyll Island for 4 nights before heading home.  These 3 months have flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment