Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday - Another Gorgeous, Warm, Sunny Day with Just Enough Breeze!

Ken was up before me and did some reading.  He woke me at 6:30 to give me plenty of time to get ready for our beach adventure today with John, Cindy, Ernie, and Noela.

We made a cooked breakfast and cleaned up before getting some snacks and our thermos ready for the beach.  John and Cindy arrived around 9:30 and by 9:45 the 6 of us were in Ernie's truck and on our way to Manasota Beach.   Ken and John had recently walked about 2+ miles down the beach where they found "tons" of sharks teeth and knew the ladies would love going there. So that was our destination today!  We knew there would be very few people that far up the beach!

Rather deserted, huh????


Cindy and I found an area where we were finding lots and lots of teeth and having "a ball"! The boys and Noela walked farther up the beach, but we just stayed where we were! We all decided it was probably our best day every looking for "treasures", especially the ladies!  All of us found lots of teeth and just to give you an idea of how many, Ken and I filled a quart sandwich bag!  Some of them were fairly large ones, better than we normally find!Cindy and I didn't even take time to eat our snacks, because we were just too busy!   We only left Manasota Beach around 3:30!  I think we were addicted to "the hunt"!

You wouldn't know it by looking at these pictures, but I spent a lot of my time on my knees letting the water surround me and everytime it went back out, more and more shark's teeth became visible!  I hardly had to move!


Sisters having fun together!


Shark's teeth were everywhere!!!



The 6 of us ate at The Sandbar and Tiki Hut in Englewood, an outdoor restaurant and had some very delicious food - quite a treat!  

Shark's tooth hunting can make a person hungry and very
thirsty!!!


We arrived at the CG at 5:15 and Ken showered and got ready to go to CR at Edgewater.  Cindy, John, and I went to play pickleball and played about 9 short games with just the 3 of us.  Lots of fun, but rather tiring.  Around 6:45 about 8 more people arrived to play and we played at least 3 or 4 more games, switching partners.  By the time we left the courts at 7:45 we were all exhausted.

John and Cindy departed as soon as we got back to Wilbur and I certainly appreciated having a shower!  I packed Ken and my lunch for our trip to Goodland, near Naples, tomorrow to spend the day with our friends, Dave and Sharon.  Looking forward to a boat trip to The Lump to get some beautiful shells.--

I worked on this blog and downloaded photos.  Ken returned at 9:15 after a fantastic night at CR.  We chatted and I finished this blog.  So ready for bed!

I will post photos of the shark's teeth Ken and I found today in the near future!  It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment