Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Tuesday and Wednesday - Such Cool, Damp, Dreary Days!

As per usual, Ken was up before me.  In my defense, he gets up very early, often takes a rest in the afternoon, and most times turns out the light before me, so I get up later then he does!  All is fair!!!

After a nice chat with my special friend, Polly, I drove about 25 minutes to meet Cindy and John to play pickleball at the Hempfield Sports Complex.  You can play from 10:45 to 3 for only $3.00 as a non member - quite a deal.  There was a small group of players there early, but more and more people arrived as the morning progressed.  It was a lot of fun, but I must admit I have some trouble with the indoor lightning!  I find it difficult to keep the ball in focus, but it does get a bit better the longer you play! The 3 of us left there and went to Mick's near Mt. Joy to have lunch together.  It was wonderful to spend time with my sister and John.  

I was home by 2:30 and Ken had spent most of his time working in the office getting things organized and working on the computer.  He had also taken a walk, but cut it a little short when it started raining.  It was a rather raw day with temperatures in the low 40's, but no sunshine and very damp!

I decided I wanted to try my hand at painting on some rocks we had collected in Florida to give to our granddaughters in their Easter baskets.  Ken left at 6:30 for Celebrate Recovery and I continued painting until he got home at 9:15.  I enjoyed watching The Voice while I was painting.  

We did some reading in bed and I only turned out my light at 11:15.  I had to finish the book I was reading!

Today, Wednesday, is another rather miserable rainy, cloudy, damp day.  Where is that warm Florida sunshine????  Ken had made an appointment to tour the Water Street Rescue Facility in Lancaster at 10 this morning.  Originally, I was going to stay home, but I decided it would be a great opportunity for us to go together and learn about their "operation". I am so glad I decided to be a part of it.  Heather took us on a 1 hour tour of the property (it covers an entire city block!) and what an amazing place it is!  They are only funded through donations and possible grants and the free services they provide, including medical, dental, classes, a computer lab, etc. are "top notch".  She was very informative and has such a kind and loving spirit.  Ken and I think it could be a great place for us to do some volunteering!

From there, we headed to Wal-Mart for some groceries before arriving back home around 12:30.  After lunch, Ken went to Hurst Tire Center to get new tires for the Honda Civic we just purchased.  I decided to work on this blog and then do more painting.

After an early dinner, we left at 5 to go to Masonic Village to play cards with Mom and Dad.  We stopped for drinks for all of us and arrived around 5:45.  Mom and Dad were so excited to play Pinochle again.  We played 3 1/2 gaves and the men won 2, ladies 1 1/2 - I think it should really be 2 to 2!  It was nice to spend time with them and seeing them so healthy and happy.

We were home by 9:30 and it was off to bed to read!  I certainly hope this cold, damp, rainy weather soon ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment