Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday - Church and Super Bowl!

We were both up early and did devotions plus I did some stretching exercises for my scoliosis.  I have been doing them daily for about 5 days and hoping they will be beneficial.  Definitely can't hurt, right????

We got ready for church and were on our way to Edgewater by 8:50.  Eddie and Lori Paparo had arrived from back home the beginning of the month and had attended Edgewater Church with us last year.  They met us there as well as Rick and Joyce who attend Bayside Church which is closer to Venice and much like LCBC at home.  They had no "duties" there this Sunday and wanted to check out Edgewater so we were thrilled they joined us.  After a nice time at church (everyone was so friendly), the 6 of us went to Denny's for breakfast.  The food was delicious, but it took a very long time to get our food.  Oh well, it gave us more time to visit!

Ken and I were back at the CG by 12:45 and I felt lazy so played games on my tablet while Ken rested.  We left at 2:45 to go to Rick and Joyce's home to watch the Super Bowl.  We got detoured because of some fires in the area and only got there at 3:30.  We played four rounds of Hand and Foot with the women being victorious but only by 45 points - Crazy!!!

Then it was time to watch the Super Bowl.  It was just the 4 of us because we all wanted to be able to focus on the game and if there are too many people that can be difficult!  What an amazing game.  Foles did such a great job and the Eagles were so "on fire"!  About 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter, the cable went out in their area and when Rick called they said it would not be back on until 1 AM - Are you kidding????  Joyce was able to get it live on her phone, but that was a bit tough for 4 people to watch!  Then Rick remembered that they have a MIFI Card and maybe he could get that to work through his computer!  He worked on that for a bit and YES, he got his computer hooked up to their big screen TV and we were back in business after missing about 5 minutes (it seemed like a very long time!).  I am sure there were many disappointed, frustrated and angry people in the Venice area!  

We left their home around 11 and were both very tired when we returned to Wilbur.  What an amazing day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment