Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday - A Beautiful, Warm, Sunny and Breezy Day!

Ken and I had a good night's rest and were on our way to Church at Edgewater by 8:50.  Had a good time with folks we have learned to know and with Eddie and Lori from back home.  The 4 of us will see each other here each Sunday while we are "snowbirding"!

After a good sermon on anger, the 4 of us went to Denny's for breakfast where we enjoyed good food and conversation.  Ken and I went to Wal-Mart for a few items before returning to the CG around 1.  Ken rested while I enjoyed painting my coconut fish.  There is a garage/craft sale here in the CG in 2 weeks and you just set-up in front of your RV.  I want to have my fish finished by then as well as display my jewelry and sea glass pictures.

We did go over to Ernie and Noela's to discuss our plans for the next several days and decided on a hike for Monday and kayaking on Tuesday.  I also talked to my sister and we plan to go to their CG on Wednesday to play some pickleball and visit.

Ken and I left the CG at 3:30 to go to Edgewater to play Hand and Foot and Eddie and Lori came too!  There were 36 of us who came to play and each couple was asked to bring a food item to share.  We had 3 couples at each table and we played one game (4 rounds) before dinner and then another game after that.  Unfortunately, we all finished the 1st game at different times so we didn't get to switch tables for the 2nd game.  Ken and I were disappointed because we were hoping to learn to know more folks while we were there.  We left the church at 8:45 and both of us were tired and a bit frustrated that we didn't get to "mingle" with the rest of the folks.

We headed right to bed when we returned to the CG and did some reading.  All in all it was a great day and we are looking forward to the upcoming gorgeous weather week and all the activities we have planned.  It will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment