Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday - Cool, Sunny and Very Windy!

Ken and I left the CG at 8:45 to help at the Food Bank from 9 to 1 at Edgewater Church.  On the way we called and sang Happy Birthday to Lanie because she is 40 today - Wow!  Can we really be old enough to have a child who is 40????  We must have welcomed her to our family when we were 15!!!!!!  NOT!

Things went well at the church and we had lots of help.  We served about 70 people in the 2 1/2 hours we are open.  Ken and I feel so blessed to be able to help and appreciate getting to know so many folks who go to that church.  When we left, Burt and Pat invited us to come to their community near the church and tour the Condo they had bought last Spring.  What a nice area and the condo was perfect for 2 people - 2 BR's, 2 Baths, and open LR, Kit. and Eating Area.  They also have a screened porch.  We had a nice time visiting with them and enjoyed hearing about where they live, Kennebunk, Maine, an area where we had camped several years ago and just loved!  They had worked at one of the lighthouse gift shops we had visited - small world!!!

On the way back to the CG I had a great phone conversation with the birthday girl, Lanie, and all is going well.  After a light lunch, I worked on the blog while Ken took a short nap (he had gotten up early this morning!).  Jamie called and we were able to catch up on what is going on in PA.  She and Lanie are going to Rehobeth Beach for 2 nights to her in-laws home just for a girls getaway!  Ken and I love how much the girls enjoy being together and how supportive they are of each other - warms our hearts!

Jamie wanted us to know that our granddaughter, Bria, who is 10, will be swimming in a meet tonight that is being live streamed so we can watch it!  She is in a timed race swimming 40 laps!  I can't begin to imagine that she is only 10 and able to swim that many laps!!!

Ken had a long phone conversation with his friend, Gary, back home while I made salads for dinner.  I decided to try something different and found a recipe for quinoa, black bean, corn, onion,  pepper, and spice (chilis too!) wraps.  Ken and I both agreed that the wraps were delicious.  We have plenty of "filling" left so I believe there will wraps and stuffed peppers in our future!

Ernie and Noela stopped by at 5:30 after spending the day at Lover's Key where they walked, rode bike, and spent time on the beach.  They really enjoyed their time despite the strong winds.

After dinner and clean-up Ken and I watched the evening news and then we were able to watch Bria swim through live streaming!  Ken hooked it up to our big screen TV and Ernie and Noela joined us to watch her swim. What an amazing feat for a 10 year old and we were able to watch!!!!

The 4 of us played Skip-Bo and the women finally won that game.  Somehow it seems like the women usually lose no matter who are partners.  It felt good to be victorious.

They left around 9:30 and I returned a call to Cindy, who had checked in while we were playing cards.  She was concerned that I was okay after reading yesterday's blog where I shared my frustrations concerning my back.  What a great sister and I am so blessed to have her in my life!  As Jamie said about her sister Lanie - The best gift my parents ever gave me was my sister!  We talked about 30 minutes and Ken and I will go to their CG for the day on Wednesday.  Looking forward to being with John and Cindy and checking out the CG and area where they are spending the winter!

Did some reading and by 11 it was lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment