Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday - Foggy Morning, but then a Gorgeous, Sunny, Warm Day!

Ken decided he would go for a walk with Ernie this morning so he left around 7:15.  I had a nice quiet time for a light breakfast, devotions, and getting ready to play pickleball.  I decided I would give it a try today promising myself that I wouldn't overdue it!

Ken and Ernie returned just when I was leaving for the pickleball courts.  It was in the 60's and the sun was just beginning to shine!  I was greeted with hugs and warm wishes when I go to the courts.  I hadn't played since mid December and it was nice to feel so welcomed!  Ken joined us and they were happy to see him too!  I only played 3 games and made sure I kept moving when waiting to play, so it went fairly well.  By the time I finished my hip was ready to be done! I left a little before Ken and felt I had played fairly well, but there is definitely room for improvement!

After showering, Noela and I went to the clubhouse to check-out the bathing suit show they were having.  An outside group brought in lots of bathing suits all priced at $39.99.  Unfortunately neither of us found anything that we liked!  Ken and Ernie had left at the same time for a bike ride!

When I returned (we were only there about 10 minutes), I ordered a wedding gift for Cindy's granddaughter who is getting married in March.  Then I worked on the blog!  After a light lunch, I went for my massage!

Martie, the massage therapist, is a wonderful lady and is so caring and wants so much to help manage any pain you may have.  After a short question and answer time, the message began and what an amazing experience it was!  She said she loves working on someone like me for I give her lots of "challenges"!  Not sure that is a great thing for me!!!!!!  She worked out so many "knots" and tender areas and used lots of oils and herbs and was able to tell ME the areas that were a problem!  I was impressed.  The massage started at 1:15 and she only finished working on me at 3:00 and only charges for an hour.  The rest of the time is what she offers for free to help eliminate the problem areas she found!  Amazing!  She said she is hoping for improvements for me, but it is not a guarantee.  She suggested I give it about a week and then make another appointment if I experience relief.  

Back to Wilbur to select some photos to frame for inside Wilbur and to do some work on the blog.  We made another batch of zucchini spaghetti for dinner and  then we went over to Ernie and Noela's for Hand and Foot which the men won again!  Enougy already!

By 9:30 we were in bed.  It was a day to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment