Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thursday - Another Chilly, Windy Day!

After doing some reading, Ken left the CG at 6:10 for a men's breakfast and study group at Edgewater Church.  I was proud of him for he really didn't know who would be there or have any idea what they were studying.  There were 8 men there and he enjoyed their time together.  He was back to Wilbur by 7:45.

While he was gone, I did some clean-up inside Wilbur, did my devotions, and then got ready for the day.  I left at 9:30 to go to Wal-Mart, take a return to Ross, and then shop at Aldi.  I was back by 10:45 and Ken was having coffee at Ernie and Noela's.  

The 4 of us left in our CRV at 11 to do some errands, including going to Detweiler's Farm Market for some produce and then I noticed a Sprout's Farm Market along the way.  We were first introduced to Sprout's when we were in Denver, Colorado and we were very impressed with their pricing and all of their organic foods and fresh produce.  Turns out the store only opened here in Sarasota in April of this year.  All of us agreed that it is a store we will definitely return to!  

From there we had lunch at one of our favorite places, Sweet Tomato.  Noela had a coupon for a free meal for her birthday and 20% off for the rest of her "party", but it had to be used by Saturday!  So, what choice did we have but to head there for lunch!  Then it was on to Costco for a few more items. 

Happy to be back to Sweet Tomato!

We were back to the CG by 4:30 and it was difficult for Ken and I to get all our "goodies" in the refrigerator and the pantry.  Mother Hubbard's cupboards are full!!!!  No more shopping for quite a while!

I worked on this blog while Ken went to help Ernie with his TV antenna.  It got bent on their drive from Ocala to here and it "needed some help", but they did get it to work.  Ernie will have to get a part or 2 to fix it properly!

At 7 we went to their "house" and played 1 game of UNO which the men won.  We were ahead by a large margin, but they came from behind and "whipped" us.  So sad for the ladies.

Back to Wilbur by 9:15 and we got ready for bed.  What a fun day with Ernie and Noela!

No comments:

Post a Comment