Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy, Cool Morning!

Ken and I watched the Morning News and one of the top stories was a state of emergency in Brunswick, GA with ice on Interstate 95.  Wow, that is where Ernie and Noela had planned to spend the night in their 5th wheel and then head here early this morning.  So, I called and found out they had picked up their RV in Brunswick around 1:00 yesterday and then continued driving to Ocala Florida after seeing the weather predictions.  We were relieved to hear that they were safe and on their way.

It was in the 40's here this morning, windy, and rather rainy!  Not a very nice morning.  So, after breakfast Ken and I played a game of Hand and Foot and I was victorious - Yes!!!!  I called Noela again and said we would make dinner for them so they could just concentrate on getting set-up and organized when they got here.  After our card game, we worked together to make salad for dinner and then I did my devotions and some reading while Ken worked on the computer.  He had a great phone conversation with Kevin, his partner when in Real Estate!

I talked to my mother and even though she sounded terrible, she said she is feeling much better.  She had a small amount of fluid on her one lung, but it is improving - hallelujah!

Ernie and Noela arrived around 1 and the sun suddenly appeared.  They came over to say hello and it was so good to see them again!  They had a very cold drive from Canada to Florida and are very happy to have arrived safe and sound!

I made a batch of muffins which required quite a bit of clean-up.  I walked over to Ernie and Noela's around 4 to see what time they wanted dinner and to catch up on what is happening in both of our lives.  Ken and I took a short walk around part of the CG and it was sooooo windy!

I worked on this blog and then we started dinner!  Ken had a tough time getting the grill to stay hot enough to grill the meat because of the strong winds.  Ernie and Noela came over at 6 for dinner - steak/chicken/salmon, salad, grilled veggies, and quinoa!  We just spent the evening chatting and having a fun time together.  They gave us a wood burning sign that Neola had made for us with our names and a carving of a photo Ken had taken of an eagle.  What a great gift!  We gave them a calendar for 2018 that had photos on each month of times we were together in 2017.

What a fantastic gift and so special since Noela made it!

They left around 9:30 and Ken and I went right to bed.  It was only in the 50's today and the weather tomorrow will be about the same with the strong winds continuing!

No comments:

Post a Comment