Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wednesday - Trip John and Cindy's Campground!

Ken and I got up early to go outdoors to see the Super Blood Blue Moon.  The best place to see it was behind Ernie and Noela's campsite.  They joined us for the viewing!  A blue heron decided he wanted to be in on the action!

Notice the blue heron!

Ken and I got ready, made a cooked breakfast, loaded the car, and were on our way to LaBelle, FL by 8:20 to visit John and Cindy.  Their CG is brand new this year and they are there with 4 other couples.  It was about a 60 mile drive and took about 1 1/4 hours.  It really is a very nice CG with large sites that have pavers for both your rig and patio area.  They are facing a man made lake and there is a paver path all the way around the lake.  Obviously the laundry, clubhouse, pool area, pickleball courts and bocce courts are brand new!  They are still doing a lot of work, but have accomplished quite a bit for the 1st year of being open.  For me, it is too far from the coast and sort of in the middle of no where.

John and Cindy's motorhome on their site overlooking the lake!

Love the large paver sites!

A paver walkway all along the lake.  That is the laundry and
shower house in the distance!

We began our day together with the 4 of us playing pickleball and what a fun time.  Only bad thing was the strong winds!  At times it was hard to keep the ball on the court and it took some strange bounces!  After about 5 games, we sat at their site chatting and meeting some of their friends.  Then we took a walk around the CG checking out all the building and amenities.  By then we were hungry and drove to The Log Cabin, a great small restaurant for pulled pork.  What a treat at such reasonable prices.  You got a pulled pork sandwich with 2 sides for $7.29 and then got complimentary soup and a scoop of ice cream - what a deal and it was all delicious!

The Log Cabin Barbeque Place

The food was excellent!
Back to the CG for about 3 more games of pickleball.  Amazingly, my back and hip were very cooperative today and we had a great time playing together.  Back to Harvey (their motorhome) where we played one game of Skip-Bo won by the men.  What a special day with John and Cindy!

We left around 5:30 and I got to talk with my mother during the drive.  Both she and dad are doing so well and I am so thankful.  Ken had his leftovers from last evening and I decided I wasn't hungry!  I had plenty for lunch.  We watched some TV and then walked over to visit with Ernie and Noela.  The 4 of us sat outside in their screened porch area with a fire.  We chatted for about an hour, than it was back to Wilbur and to bed after a fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment